Lettuce Show Off Our Personal Swap Goodies!

Beautiful!!!

2 Likes

@seeuudee, this is epic! And you made 2 of them! Perfection.

3 Likes

The flower is just WOW!!! Beautiful work @seeuudee!!!

2 Likes

I did an amazing extended swap with @PrincessP for TM Patches, and she also included her famous Lettuce Craft badge for me, as well as delightful and unexpected extras!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

First, because it comes from Australia, I was tickled to see the word ā€œlolliesā€ on the package customs form. :blush: Then, the package was filled with these lovely wrapped gifts! (I totally cut out the watermelon sticker and am saving it for who-knows-whatā€”itā€™s so cute!)

The box even had some helpful suggestions for recycling on it. giggles Weā€™ll revisit this, yā€™all.

Then, upon opening the lovely green mysteries, we have first the wonderful extras and badges she sent!

A kind note (You have gorgeous handwriting, by the way!), the aforementioned lollies (sooo delicious chocolate, and the insane spread that is Vegemite), adorable Japanese pins (I have a collection of pins, and Iā€™m always excited to get special ones!), and two gorgeous badges! I have drooled over a LC badge for a looooong time, so I was gleeful that she chose to gift me one, and then ALSO add the hilarious Netflix oneā€“Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ve ā€œearnedā€ that badge well during the pandemic. :joy: I will say, I am not a Vegemite person (I tried it when I visited the country in high school, and I just canā€™t handle the strong yeasty taste, although I still find it fascinating), but I love the cute little individual packages, so now when I talk about it with people, I can offer them a taste!! My husband is next on the list! :wink:

Now, on to the TM Patch packages! Each of them came wrapped with the most adorable Studio Ghibli postcards, which tied in perfectly with my love of Japan and several of the themes she chose to highlight. (I love to tuck cute postcards like these into the insides of my kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors so that every time I open them I see happy things!)

First, kitsune!! I love the joyful oranges and yellows and precious little facial expression on this cute fox spirit. You know heā€™s planning something impish. :grin:

Soot Sprites!!! Love them so much. They are so happy dancing with their candy (Konpeito, if you ever go to Japan and want to try the tasty-looking sugar candy from Spirited Away. Or, you know, Amazonā€¦)! The mix of machine and hand embroidery on this one is perfect and adds a lovely 3D layer to it.

The beautiful Torii Gate from Miyajima Island, which sheā€™s actually visited (so have I!). The colors are so perfect, and I love that she used star shapes as the quilting for this one.

And finally, Kodama! I love these little guys, and yā€™all, they GLOW IN THE DARK! :tada: How awesome is that?! The hand-stitched hill they are arranged on pulls it together so well; itā€™s easy to imagine the forest floor here. Also, please admire the gorgeous little bug fabric on the back.

Seriously, one of the extra delightful things about all these little guys is how well paired the backing/edging fabrics are with the colors and themes of the fronts. Sooooo amazing. That is a serious skill!

Thank you so much for swapping with me, Lauren! You were my first ever international partner, and I am overjoyed with everything you sent. :two_hearts: Absolutely delightful from start to finish. :sunflower:

Also, getting back to those very important box reuse suggestions, here ya go. :wink: I feel I chose the most reasonable one.

:heart: :rabbit2:

13 Likes

Best recycle everā€¦

Those patches are wonderful and so personalizedā€¦I am tickled to see Japanese heritage represented on LC in so many delightful formsā€¦

3 Likes

What a wonderful package!! Except for the Vegemite. I do not understand the appeal of yeast spread. Itā€™s the American in me.

3 Likes

That is a fantastic box of goodies. I am one of the group that adores vegemite! :smiley:

4 Likes

Fabulous!! Love all the Spirited Away stuff! just excellent all around!!

3 Likes

I have Australian citizenship and think Vegemite is abomination.

5 Likes

ha ha I feel the same way about natto and uni with my Japanese heritageā€“no way!

I wonder if every country has some sort of odd or nasty tasting food that they are famous forā€¦you either love it or hate it! ha ha

4 Likes

I am so glad you love them! Believe it or not, that box actually came from @geekgirl :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: and the wrapping paper and sticker came from another swap package! Maybe @susieoregon ? :thinking:

@AIMR when I was in Japan I could not for the life of me being myself to try nattoā€¦ just nope :see_no_evil:

~ ~ ~ ~

Please let me share with everyone what the SUPER talented @EriChanHime made for me in return to add to my Harry Potter TM patch theme!

First up, this brilliant Ron Weasley sweater patch! I love how it is attached. The coordinating trim is fabulous :star_struck:

Look how neat the stitching on the back is!

Next, this glorious golden snitch! I love playing with the little fringe, itā€™s so delicate! Gorgeous fabrics too Erin :heart_eyes: are they Japanese? Looks like we sent similar fabrics to each other :speak_no_evil: I also love the variagated thread used around the outside :relaxed:

And last but definitely not least, these amazing glasses! Guys, they are metal! I love the denim they are stitched on. Great idea to mix up the backing fabrics!

Thank you so much Erin, I absolutely loved swapping with you!! xx :hugs:

11 Likes

You got some lovely HP patches for sureā€¦that little sweater one is fabulous!

I was also wondering if the fabrics are Japaneseā€¦HP and Japaneseā€¦that is a great combo!

3 Likes

Haggis

4 Likes

Definitely a ā€œyuckā€ from me!

2 Likes

Fabulous TM swap you two!! :star_struck:

Whoops. I replied to AIMR, but this is directed at @EriChanHime and @PrincessP!

3 Likes

My brother had some years ago and said it wasnā€™t bad.

I imagine that it might be some what (which is a very relative term open for wide interpretation) like scrapple which I have had (even though it canā€™t pass Michiganā€™s meat laws) and like.

3 Likes

Ewww.
Head cheese, any aspic, yuck.

So neat that TM squares are still being traded. I havenā€™t seen a project with those in ages. I still need to make a cover for my serger.

2 Likes

I still have a bunch that are begging to be made into a project as wellā€¦didnā€™t I see that it was one of the swaps suggested? It would be an easy and inexpensive swap to mail as well.

2 Likes

Summer time, Iā€™ll be lucky if I crochet one whole baby blanket row before fall, lol. Weā€™re having coffee in our new camper this morning, maiden voyage!
I have an old tutorial on making tidy corners, & those speedy cheaty versions. Maybe I should post those here.

4 Likes

I hope you are having a great time and getting in some relaxation! I go in Augustā€¦canā€™t wait!

1 Like