Lettuce stamp

I carved a lettuce stamp for use in another project.
I find it much easier to carve out the lines and leave the body than vice versa.

27 Likes

I love it! I agree that itā€™s so much easier to carve out lines than think about carving out the opposite. Itā€™s like drawing backwards when you have to do it the other way. :slight_smile:
This is adorable!!!

2 Likes

And then your leaves can be green w/o extra coloring! :grin:

2 Likes

I have no doubt youā€™ll get lots of use out of this, haha. It came out great!

3 Likes

So cute! Add me to the Chorus of Agreement - I find it both mentally and physically easier to cut away the lines.

2 Likes

That is such a fantastic idea. I wish I would have done that for my stamp. My brain just doesnā€™t work like that. I am going to try to attempt it on a stamp though. Youā€™ve inspired me with how awesome this one turned out.

2 Likes

I never really thought about it but I think my brain works more like yoursā€¦probably why I am really bad at anything 3-Dā€¦like clayā€¦I canā€™t seem to ā€œseeā€ā€¦but like you, I am going to give it a tryā€¦cut away the lines seems easier than cutting away like a sculptureā€¦lol

Love the lettuce, @geekgirlā€¦and yes, lots of uses for this oneā€¦

2 Likes

I donā€™t think it would work for everything but for small stamps where you donā€™t mind it all being the same color it works pretty good!

2 Likes

Turned out great! What did you use for the carving?

I used a speedball carving tool.

This is great! :grinning:

I like to color with water soluble markers to get different colors on a stamp. It gives a water color like appearance.

1 Like

Yes, I agree on the line carving.

1 Like

This is great! love that handcarved texture!