Level Scarf

A friend commissioned me to make him this custom scarf. It is some kind of video game reference that he came up with. There was no pattern, I drew out a chart and winged it.

It is stranded colorwork in the round. The chart that I made can be found on the Ravelry project page here, though I did modify it from what it was originally.

I used KnitPicks Brave sport weight acrylic, so that it can easily washed.

This was started in March of 2020. It took forever and a day, and I’m happy to be moving on to some guilt free selfish knitting!

17 Likes

I don’t get it, but I know it’s super cool!

2 Likes

Whoa! Your colorwork is amazing and your design is so neat too. I don’t know the reference, but I’m sure he loved the final result and thought it was well worth the wait.

2 Likes

I don’t think it references any game in particular, just the fact that you “level up” in games, but he wanted it to be Level :arrow_down: . :woman_shrugging:
It just got a wash, I’m hoping to drop it off this weekend.

3 Likes

Oh, gotcha! Well, now I think it’s even cuter. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, guys!

1 Like

Lol…I love that you made this so custom you don’t even know what it means! Very cool. I’m sure your friend will treasure it!

2 Likes

I love the design at the bottom where all the little stars are. It’s so pretty. I have no idea what stranded clockwork or any yarn type references are, but it looks complicated and very cool.

2 Likes

Nice! This would have taken me soooooo loooong! I’m such a slow knitter unless I’m using a loom. And I’m pretty sure I could never loom anything like this!

1 Like

Oh, it took FOREVER. :laughing:

1 Like

:tada: Congratulations! Your super awesome craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :confetti_ball:

1 Like

WHOOHOO! awesome. <3

1 Like

Wow! such a lot of work - well done!

1 Like

Really love the gradual scattered mini arrows! Great job!

Love the colors! Great design idea.