CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Yule 2020/21

Those Moon dishes are fabulous! (Well, everything youā€™ve submitted is fabulous but I like those the best!)

2 Likes

No feather but that would be a great addition!

Class or Challenge Title: 12 Trees - Bells
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Charm Bracelet
Brief Description: This was a custom bracelet for a friend for Christmas. It appeals to the eyes with itā€™s colors, and to the ears as it jingles when worn.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: 12 Trees - Garland
Project Name & Page Link: House Mosaic
Brief Description: After taking that class on making bracelets with apoxie sculpt with Abbeeroad, we decided to take another one making house mosaics. These are perfect, because the wintery world around me, makes me want to stay inside my nice warm house and craft.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: 12 Trees - Star
Project Name & Page Link: Lettuce Craft Bookmarks
Brief Description: One of my talents is making beaded jewelry and bookmarks. I made up this bundle of bookmarks for kittykill to use as prizes for Lettuce Craft challenges and contests.
Project Picture:

1 Like

All of these are fantastic, but that house mosaic is simply gorgeous and unique!

1 Like

That house mosaic is GORGEOUS! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

AS Completion
House: Slytherin :snake: :yarn:
Project Name & Page Link Mikeā€™s Custom Level Scarf
Brief Description: OMG, itā€™s finally done and I can work on something else guilt free! Custom, colorwork in the round scarf, commissioned by friend. See finished object post for more.
Project Picture:

3 Likes

Awesome work! Youā€™ve just earned 100 points for your house! :tada: :snake: :tada:

1 Like

Class/Challenge: Headmistress, 12 Trees - Baubles
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Pumpkin Patch Shawl
Brief Description: Green is one of my favorite colors, so I used a mostly green yarn to make a shawl for myself. :slight_smile:
Project Picture:

(pattern)

Class/Challenge: Headmistress, 12 Trees - Candles
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Raphael Ninja Turtle
Brief Description: This crocheted ninja turtle will give its recipient a warm & happy glow. :grin:
Project Picture:

(pattern)

5 Likes

~ ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name: Teal Talon Throw
House: Slytherin :snake: :yarn:
Brief Description: Got the itch to knit a throw blanket! Fell in love with the Talon Throw (Rav link) by Jared Flood. Itā€™s not massive, but it will still probably take me until this time next year to finish. Iā€™ve never knitted a blanket large than a baby sized one.

Cute Ninja Turtle!

1 Like

That will look beautiful in teal! Youā€™ll rock it Iā€™m sure. :slight_smile: Added to the project log!

1 Like

I would like to hereby replace my previous AS Proposal with the following:

~ ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name: 2021 Art Journal
House: Gryffindor
Brief Description: In an attempt to stretch my creative muscles in 2021, Iā€™m going to attempt to start and maintain an art journal. Timing TBD, but basically until I run out of pages or the year is over. Whichever comes first. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What are the rules for replacing an AS proposal? My previous one to make work pants was pretty bad timing, since Iā€™m still working from home for the foreseeable future.

You can replace an old AS proposal at any time! You can PM me if you want or just include that a new proposal is displacing one that no longer speaks to you in the new proposal. You can also have up to 2 proposed AS projects, so if you want to keep one ā€œon the booksā€ and propose a second one, you can do that, too! If you have more than one currently proposed, just specify which one your new proposal is replacing in your post. Easy-peasy! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Hermioneā€™s Book Club - Chapter 7
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: n/a
Brief Description: I am hoping that having purchased new watercolour paints, brushes and special watercolour paper, that I can work on building the natural talent element during 2021. These were painted to use as Christmas cards
Project Picture:

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Transfiguration
**House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Blondies
Brief Description: These blondies were a desperate pantry bake. Under normal circumstances, I do. not. bake. Under duress, maaaybe a box mix. But I just needed SOMETHING between our two week grocery runs. My hard copy of the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook is the go-to when I just need a generic recipe, but itā€™s also posted here: https://www.bhg.com/recipe/desserts/chocolate-chunk-blondies/ Mine were made without the chocolate chunks or almonds.
Project Picture:

2 Likes

Looks so yummy :slight_smile:

A new Hermioneā€™s Book Club prompt has been posted!

Wow, I really love the mandala houses Abbeeroad and Mistress Jennie!

2 Likes

They were really fun to make, too. We took a virtual class by Erin Prais-Hintz through the University of Wisconsin Stevens Point!

1 Like