Light It Up Swap Gallery!

Thanks, everyone!

1 Like

These have been so beautifully done!!! Oh man. Now I’m looking at my finished (plan d) and trying to figure out what I can add :joy::joy::joy::joy:

@Tapestry i love that you made something with dual lighting. That’s so cool. The scenery for the sun is lovely and I love how the moon on the back will cast a cool shadow.

@steiconi :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head: wow!! All those miniatures! Amazing. It’s a beautiful work of art.

@LovelyMiss that hanging lamp is so freaking cool!!! I love how all the panels have something new to admire.

Great work so far everyone!

6 Likes

I received the most amazing things from @Myrthena !!! It all came in a huge box, it was very well packed - wrapped in paper, then in bubblewrap, then in a padded box, then wrapped again, with “fragile” tape all around and “this side up” written in five different places on the box. Still, unfortunately, it got very slightly damaged in transport but I’m sure I’ll be able to fix it.

In my Q, I mentioned little roadside chapels / shrines and little houses. Little roadside chapels are very common in both mine and her country, usually near places like a sacred tree or a cross roads, or beside a road. They’re an important tradition in our folk Catholicism. Although I’m not a practicing religious person now, I was raised with the traditions and I’ve long wanted to build a little shrine in our backyard.

This is the slight transport damage, the little house was glued to a base and it came loose. The things I put into the shrine were loose in the box and I think these were attached originally:

There’s a little light in the top of the house, you’ll see it later.

Because there was more!

This is a book (a real, upcycled book, I think!) But it’s a lamp now! I mentioned books and upcycling in my Q.

But wait. That’s not all.

There are candles, which I’m sure are homemade because she asked me about the scent.

And there’s a little candle holder, made of decorated glass:

It’s amazing, and I also mentioned stained glass in my Q.

And there’s this guy, who is glow in the dark, because I mentioned my love for gloomy and gothic (not sure how this was made @Myrthena ! But it’s awesome)

And this work of art, as well as a letter:

But this was the most special thing of all:

If I understand correctly, this was made from a broken clay work of art that our late LettuceFriend @Roots , @Myrthena 's son, made. She put them together, added a bit of her own style and painted it. I’m very touched that she chose to share that with me.

It deserves to be in this little shrine. There’s a solar light that turns on automatically after dark. That’s why my hand is in the first picture, it doesn’t light up otherwise. I see I forgot to remove the note, it contains instructions on how to turn it on, it’s not part of the shrine of course.

After dark pictures of the others:

I am absolutely lost for words! I feel like a kid who got their entire wishlist for Christmas, including the puppy and the pony. This is just too much, this is several swaps worth of beautiful handmade things.

15 Likes

Such a thoughtful, heartfelt package, @Myruka! The shrine is lovely and all the items so perfect. I adore the book lamp!

5 Likes

Oh my goodness, everything is so intentional! :sob: I can’t wait to hear more about the book lamp, it looks amazing!

4 Likes

Wowzers!! What an extra-delight-filled package!

5 Likes

Glad you like it…
It was really funny and satisfying to make this swap parcel.
Pitty that is was damaged but you can glue or even nail the piece of wood back to the bottom of the shrine. The other pieces in the shrine were for decorating it yourself as i didn’t know what you wanted to put into it.
The gentle little glow in the dark ghost is made of epoxy (resin) with a powder called glow in the dark. This was is the blue glow in the dark powder. The orange color I applied to the mold before adding the epoxy.
To give an idea of the chapels and shrines you can find in less than 500m of my house, here are some pictures

This is a small built on a house
This one is at the end of my street
some were build to remember someone.
now a days it is not allowed anymore to build one outside your own property without authorisation
Show us a picture when you filled your shrine

10 Likes

It’s an recycled book with 3 wholes in it
One to see , when the book is closed, if you didn’t forgot to turn of the light and the other 2 for closure.
The diamant folding inside was the part which frustrated me me the most. The preparing of folding was was easy but making sure the folds went in the right direction to form that diamond structure was difficult . one fold damped with another etc.
I first made it with scrap paper and then had to re-finish it twice, but perseverance wins. no fold can make me small :slight_smile:
the prepared paper for the folding fo my test model

the finished folded diament structure

And it open like this

14 Likes

This is marvellous. I do like the horse and sun scenery !

4 Likes

I will! I will have to decide where to put it first, then decide what to put in it. For now it’s in my craft room.

The little chapel in our neighbourhood was built by a man who recovered from life-threatening illness. He promised that if he recovered, he’d build a chapel on the site of his mother’s birthplace, from the original bricks of that farm (it was a ruin by then). A tribute to both his mother on earth and to the holy Mary.

6 Likes

Wow, what a thoughtful and jam-packed package @Myrthena ! I love how you included so many of the items on @Immaculata’s questionnaire! That folded paper part looks challenging, to say the least, and I love the little glow in the dark ghost! So much goodness in one box!

4 Likes

@Myrthena sent that. I almost fainted thinking I had sent something I don’t remember while looking at what I made and haven’t sent out yet :joy::joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Doh! Erm, apologies to you and @Myrthena.

4 Likes

No worries on my end. I just got confused for a second ( happens daily so… :tipping_hand_woman:t2:) ha!

3 Likes

WOW! What a package! So many treasures! They’re each so unique and pretty!

3 Likes

Nor here. It can happens

3 Likes

Lookie what @jeanneleigh made me!! Absolutely stunning!

Shadowbox!

Shadowbox in its full glory.

Extra votive

And the three other sides lit up!

Thank you so much! I love them both. :heart_eyes:

15 Likes

Wow, @jeanneleigh - those are so gorgeous!

4 Likes

So many nice silhouettes in that shadowbox, @jeanneleigh ! Beautifully lit up!

I also love the book light…I just can’t wrap my head around the folding to make such a beautiful shape! You really do know how to convert books into art, @Myrthena !

5 Likes

Aaaaaa the shadowbox with crow!! So cool!

3 Likes