Light It Up Swap Gallery!

Light it gallery copy

Post all your goodies from this enLIGHTening swap here!

Original Thread

4 Likes

Reserved for Tracking:

1 Like

I received from @LovelyMiss ! She went with my theme of Space, and made me a fantabulous color-changing space-themed hanging lamp! I don’t have it hung in a ceiling spot yet, as I am completely re-arranging my place right now to get a home office set up not in my bedroom (man this has been so bad for my sleep!), so only back-of-door photos for now. But i love it & I keep changing the colors every hour tonight! And once it is hanging for real i will share photos too.

Lights-on photo:

And then glorious colors! This is just 3 of about 20 shades I can pick. It also does patterns of blinks & fades, but I didn’t want to deal with posting video.

This is super fantastic & will go great in my new home office with my 1960s Moon Landing lamp shade from my childhood home that I am working on lighting up as a wall feature. (It’s a ceiling shade but I don’t have 1960s style ceiling lights here)

It also strongly reminds me of the Astra Lumina light show that I went to with @roler this past autumn!

I just adore it & now I cannot wait to finish my craft to send to you! Thank you Thank you thank you! I have it set to slow fades right now & it’s so mellow as I relax before sleep. :sleeping:

20 Likes

That is so cool and so unique! Incredible start to the galleey @LovelyMiss ! Its so detailed and the space theme is fun!

3 Likes

Amazing!!!

3 Likes

That lamp is amazing! I predict this is going to be the most epic gallery ever.

4 Likes

Wow, that is absolutely amazing!! The moon and the Big Dipper and the comet! Something for every mood. :heart: :heart: Truly a work of art.

2 Likes

I just recieved the best package from @steiconi! It literally left me speechless as I unpacked each new item! Lee made the most intricate steampunk display dome imaginable. Each piece is a tiny work of art.

Everything pacakged in cute bags:

Assembled & lights on:

That dog cane slays me! And the tiny hat & gloves! The opera glasses! The microscope and case! The stacked suitcases swivel slightly. So. Darn. Cool!

Thank goodness I already sent because I’m having serious swap anxiety now.

17 Likes

Glad you like it! I loved putting it all together for you!

BTW, the copper tape on the outside was from dollhouse electrical supplies. Seemed appropriate. :grinning:

5 Likes

Wow @steiconi that is absolutely amazing! All those teeny tiny items. Its so cool!

3 Likes

Wow, that’s a tiny masterpiece!!! So many impeccable details! That cane gets me, too! So perfect.

@Camelama I am SO excited you love it! I was so glad (after the fact) that my first project sucked, because I was stoked about this one, lol! I kinda want to make one for myself. :smile:

5 Likes

These lamps are marvellous and so detailed

3 Likes

Ooooih! I received @Tapestry 's gorgeous rendition of “the sun”!

In the dark…

Beautiful hand painted side detail

Even the back is intriguing!

The use of light is so clever. I love the scene with the prancing horse, all hand painted and cut out. Weirdly, my favorite bit is the banner with “The Sun” carefully cut, not colored.

My husband has already tried to steal it!

Thank you so much!

11 Likes

Glad you like it! Did you find the card with explanations? It’s a dual light Tarot cabinet. The front is the sun card. The back is a shadowcaster of the moon. There’s a light switch for that on the opposite side from the sun light switch.

11 Likes

Oh, my! I didn’t see the card (now I have) or realize there is a second light!
This is doubly cool!
And it explains why the sun wouldn’t turn off; wrong switch. I eventually accidentally hit the right switch without realizing there were two.

5 Likes

Mind blown!! That is absolutely spectacular. :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Wow! Love that double idea!!

4 Likes

Beautiful imagery on the front and back! How the shadowcaster side illuminates is so cool!

4 Likes

Wow! Such impressive projects to start the gallery with! @LovelyMiss the hanging space lantern is so cool! Love it!
@steiconi the tiny details in your steampunk dome are mind boggling!
@Tapestry the painting, layering, and double light effects are amazing.
Such lucky recipients!

3 Likes

@Tapestry - it’s even more impressive when I saw you hand cut all that wood! I love the horse drawing and way to nail your partners theme! Both sides are insanely incredible!

2 Likes