Light It Up Swap Idea

Recently I was at Michael’s picking up some supplies, and I noticed that they had fairy light for cheap at the front. My mind started to wonder about all the idea you could create with them.
Would anyone be interested in a swap where you have to include fairy light or another form of light?

5 Likes

That sounds intriguing!
I am on a swapstall at the moment so I will be in the audience. It’s funny you mention it, though, I have been thinking of a fairy light wall hanging of knitting for the last week or two. Great minds. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Show us if you make it!

2 Likes

Will do!

2 Likes

I’d be up for that. It’d be a fun challenge.

If no one else jumps in we could always do a private swap using that idea as inspiration.

4 Likes

I love that idea. I will post it soon-ish, I know not a lot of people check here for some reason.
I was thinking maybe Mid-March?

1 Like

Funny, I just picked up a LED light strip to install on the inside of the closet in our bedroom, because there’s no light in there at all. Let’s see how easy this is to work with before I sign up for a swap.

2 Likes

To be clear, it doesn’t have to be Fairy Lights. Any sort of light will do, as long as it illuminates!

1 Like

What a cool swap idea! I might be in more towards the end of March.

2 Likes

Sounds so cool! But I’m really overloaded at the moment. It would have to be May or later for me to participate this time around.

4 Likes

sounds great

1 Like

@FiredGinkgo and I are both thinking about joining. She won’t be a month old until the 19th, but sounds like it might align.

4 Likes

Oooo. Lights. I did an art quilt with a raspberry pi driven light sequence and conductive thread at the other old site for a swap. But I have strings of wee fairy lights in the slothcave. I’ll keep my eyes open.

3 Likes

Okay. How about i start sign ups near the end of March. I can give a two week sign up and 6 weeks of craft time. Hopefully you can get in with that window @endymion.
I dont want to wait too long to start it.

3 Likes

Um. Wow. I think i remember that! Talk about intimidating! :rofl: :joy: :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

Don’t delay it for me; I can catch it the next time around.

3 Likes

I think a lot of people, including myself, are wrapping up swaps now. It will be good to take a breath and then start. I will mark it on my calendar to start it March 20th!

3 Likes

Ooh… the possibilities….

1 Like

Love it! So excited.

3 Likes

We are live!

2 Likes