Lighted snowy winter scene inside mason jar

I had a hard time getting a good photo, but I made a little miniature for a gift exchange and wanted to show it off.

It’s a plastic mason jar in which I “frosted” with fine glitter for snow and added miniature fairy lights, little trees, a deer, and lamppost. The recipient said she liked Winter themed things as well as things with a “Narnia” feel and I kinda thought this fit that bill of being both nature and whimsical at the same time.

It looks better in person, but hopefully, this gives you an idea. It wasn’t hard, just a bit fiddly to get it all in there properly and I think it came out really cute. I always love working with miniatures.

15 Likes

So pretty! I love all the little details you added. I know it can be tough to photograph glass or transparent items; I think the photos looks very nice.

1 Like

Even before reading your commentary, I thought this had Narnia feels. Love it, so cute

2 Likes

This is adorable! I have a few similar plastic jars and this a good inspiration for… someday.

1 Like

So cute! Narnia crossed my mind, too!

1 Like

This is darling!

2 Likes

Absolutely lovely

1 Like

Thanks guys!

Oh I forgot to mention I also put some polyfill down around the bottom to hide the lights and to make it look like it’s all snowy. It also diffuses the lights so they’re coming up through the polyfill.

2 Likes

Adorable! Love the soft effect of the lights.

1 Like

That definitely has a Narnia feel. It’s precious.

2 Likes

So pretty! I love these kinds of little scenes.

1 Like