Linus, the Neon Rainbow Zebra... or Donkey?

Mr SBC picked me up a skein of Red Heart stripes yarn in neon a few days ago (he got a second color for me as well in parrot stripe), because he is the most super awesomest husband ever!

I couldn’t decide what I wanted to make at first, but I decided that since each band of bright color is separated by black, something with stripes would be a good project. The only thing I could think of was a zebra!

I think it maybe looks a little more like a donkey, but either way, I love how it turned out! I love the bright colors, and the black yarn helps make the colors pop more. And because of his stripes, I think I shall call him Linus. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

27 Likes

He’s adorable. I love the bright stripes against the black. What a little cutie!

3 Likes

Ack! So cute and so bright! I love him!!

2 Likes

I have that same yarn, and never knew what to do with it… it’s sooo bright. But Linus is the perfect project!

2 Likes

So cute! And I didn’t know that yarn striped so well, it may be on my list to pick some up!

3 Likes

Very cute!

2 Likes

What a cute use of that vivid colored yarn! Love his mane as well!

2 Likes

This cutie is the perfect project for that yarn! So cheery and cuddly!

2 Likes

Zeedonks are a thing, but they aren’t as adorable as this. (They’re the kind of thing you can’t unsee, actually.)

4 Likes

I forgot about zeedonks!

2 Likes

Zeedonk!!! So stinking cute.

3 Likes

I have never heard of a zeedonk, and now I’m going to look it up (and hopefully not regret it :joy:)

ETA: I looked. They look like weird okapis, but an okapi is much cuter.

3 Likes

Strangely enough, I just learned the word “zebroid” the other day, and now I can’t decide which term I like better! XD

Either way, Linus is positively adorable, and so aggressively bright and cheerful his mood is contagious! XD

4 Likes

I love all that color! How fun!

3 Likes

Adorable!
Reminds me of a picture of me and my cousin sitting on a burro painted with zebra stripes!
Tijuana, Mexico, in 19…well, let’s just say we were about 2 years old.

4 Likes

Line-Us. Hahaha! It took me a second. I love him. He is so bright and cheerful. The black works perfectly to make him even brighter!

3 Likes

Linus is just perfect!
And so is mister SBC, for gifting you yarn!

3 Likes

Yay! You followed my “line” of thinking! :grin:

4 Likes

Thank you! He totally is!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Neon Rainbow Zonkey is one of this week’s featured projects. You rock!

2 Likes