Little Baba Puffin stuffie

My daughter is in love with the creatures of Puffin Rock so I decided to use up some stash to make her a wee stuffie of the youngest character. I used this design:

Because I am determined to use up what I have in house I improvised the yarns (used lily sugar and cream for the white and yellow and some unknown remnants for the gray and black).
The design uses felt that is cut and layered for the eyes but I had no felt. The designer mentions needle felting eyes and of course I didn’t have the colors I needed, so crochet it was. First tried layered disks, but the poor thing looked too bug eyed so then I did it as a single circle each. It isn’t perfect, but one of my 2020 crafting resolutions is to stop letting perfect get in the way of completed.
Thanks for looking!

13 Likes

Super cute!

1 Like

Awww, sweet! And so great to use materials you already have - I’m trying to do more of that for 2020 too.

1 Like

He’s just absolutely perfect in every way.

1 Like

Thank you!

Aww. My kids love Baba. He looks great.

1 Like

How adorable, really lovely that you decided to do it from the stash

1 Like

Aaah…so cute! The baby puffin looks great…your daughter must be so pleased with her new stuffie :slight_smile:

1 Like

So adorable! I’m sure your daughter was delighted to have her very own puffin!

1 Like

Awww! I love it!

1 Like

Thank you so much for the encouragement! I am trying to give myself “permission” to craft every day and use the stash rather than simply curate fun/pretty supplies. I appreciate the comments as they help me to justify not cleaning the kitchen for the umpteenthbajillion time and let myself do some yarny relaxing.

Happy crafting!

4 Likes

he’s adorable and good job on making do with what you had!

1 Like

Whay is the point of life if you cant do something you like?

1 Like

Sooo cute. The eyes look great!