Little Gift Crates

I had made some soap back before Christmas and of course have some left. I also like making homemade chapsticks. So to gift them and have some available as I need for occasions I took a 5 quarter store wooden crate and stained it then crocheted 3 cotton wash clothes for each, added soaps and the chapstick and then can add sayings on the side or just a simple bow when the time comes I need a gift.

24 Likes

Perfect size, wonderful gifts! And they look so easy to store and customize once the right recipients come along. They do need to be highly worthy recipients, getting all that goodness!

2 Likes

What lovely and generous gifts!

2 Likes

Lovely!

5 quarter store, is that what we’re calling it now?

3 Likes

Hee, took my brain a long time to figure out “5 quarter store crate”. LOL

Lovely gifts!

2 Likes

I heard 5 quarter store the other day and forever more its burned in my brain!

1 Like

I feel that packaging plays a large role in elevating a gift from something nice, to something really special and these are perfect!

3 Likes

They look lovely, such a nice gift to give and receive.

Can I ask what 5 quarter store is? My best guess is the dollar store put their prices up?

2 Likes

Yes biggest scandal in the US it seems. the $1 store raised their price to $1.25 which is 5 quarters :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I love how everything coordinates! So cute

2 Likes

:rofl: I honestly had no idea that I was anywhere near correct!

2 Likes

Thanks! I have really been trying to just use up some stash here so grabbed random cotton to make these. They’re great during meetings where I am still like I have no idea what’s going on here and really don’t have to participate! Then I picked the color to stain the boxes after I completed the sets. My craft room is smelling wonderful, I should store soap in here more often!

3 Likes

Awesome homemade gifts to have when you need them! Beautifully done.

2 Likes

How wonderful! Such a sweet idea.

2 Likes

These are beautiful packages and wonderful gifts. They look amazing.

2 Likes

I love handmade soap and washcloths. What a fun gift idea! I may have to steal it for some local friends next Christmas. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I keep coming back to this post. I love how you styled these, add me to the list of idea thieves for future gifting.

3 Likes

Congrats! Your Little Gift Crates are one of this week’s featured projects. You are amazing! :heart: :tada:

1 Like

I went to a Galentines event on Sunday with the gf’s and brought these as a gift. They loved them! So if you’re looking to utilize the idea, so far so good!

1 Like