Little Good Things of 2021-- gallery!

I included some bird sugar “cubes” that might not have survived the journey, and some Bird & Blend tea. And a bluebird card for her aunt!

6 Likes

Fabulous job on the theme! Birdie sugar cubes!

2 Likes

totally agree!
wow

1 Like

I’m getting impatient! Both packages I sent haven’t arrived yet :frowning:

3 Likes

I’m checking the mail every day! I’ll let you know as soon as I see anything :slightly_smiling_face: I’m sure it will get here eventually!

Everyone’s packages are so amazing!!

1 Like

I received from @Immaculata today! The envelope rattled :thinking:

First up: this awesome zip pouch with different lining fabric and (not too girly) coral zipper. There were also a couple of highlighters/markers.

The rattle, you ask? Two boxes of sprinkles, one of my LGTs. One is dark chocolate, and the other appears to be chocolate plus maybe a couple of other flavors?

And finally, a cool card:

Totally worth the postal system wait! Thanks, Immaculata!

8 Likes

AUBREY BEARDSLEY!!! Z’omg, that card is everything!

1 Like

Oooh, gorgeous LGTs!!

1 Like

I love the coral zipper with that fabric…I would never have thought to put those two together, but it works out really well…beautiful job sewing!

2 Likes

Since non-essential retail has been closed since December, after I picked the fabric I just pulled out all the zippers I had and tried them out. @megwell asked for something not girly so I was kind of surprised too that I liked this look the best but I think it looks modern rather than girly.

And she said she loved sprinkles, well. in my country we love sprinkles too! The sprinkle sandwich (hagelslag) is our national breakfast dish. So I couldn’t resist sending a kid flavour with tiny little chocolate eggs and a more adult flavour. A sprinkle sandwich is a totally acceptable adult breakfast or lunch, you can eat it at work and no one will bat an eyelid.

5 Likes

I was this day old when I first heard of a sprinkle sandwich! That’s awesome. Where has this been all my life? :laughing:

I love that pouch - modern is a perfect descriptor.

3 Likes

Oh, yes, the pouch is quite lovely. That fabric? Yummy! Perfect pairing with the sprinkles :smile:
When I first saw a photo of those on bread at the Dutch store it reminded me my gran making me toast with butter, sugar and cinnamon.
I was mightily distracted by the art card, Beardsley is one of my favourite favorites.

2 Likes

Cinnamon sugar toast is a staple in this house!

3 Likes

I am not telling my child that sprinkle sandwiches are a thing!! :laughing: (she is obsessed with cinnamon sugar toast, and spent a few days having freshly baked bread spread with molasses and then covered in sprinkles as her dessert, until the sprinkles ran out!)

3 Likes

Was that you, @MissingWillow, that made handmade sprinkles one time?

2 Likes

I just love the coral…I, too, have a weird mix of zipper colors…I am going to have to experiment and be a bit more bold in not selecting matchy-matchy…

Yes, I have heard of the famous sprinkles sandwiches…I think it is wonderful and would make a great start for the day…I am eating a sweet bean cake from Japan with my coffee this morning and feeling great! lol

2 Likes

Oh goodness no! I vaguely remember someone posting those back in the day. What you might be remembering is I made a sandwich with sprinkles on it for April Fools one year. Good times.

2 Likes

Patty_o_furniture did that once. Sadly, I don’t think she migrated to LC.

2 Likes

I wonder what happened to so many of them…I remember her…and where is luckdragon and so many of the people I remember from the geezer swaps…funny, how certain things from the old site still bring up such fun crafting memories…I miss them

5 Likes

Right, Patty_o_furniture. I loved her funny video clips. Anybody know how to find her?

4 Likes