COMPLETE: Little Good Things of 2021-- sign ups 3/1-3/14, Send 3/30

oops…missed the checkin question last week, my apologies!!

well…would it be a little too extra if i said the way march has been going that BEER has been a great craft supply purchase this month? yes? ok fine. then i would probably have to say the end of my yarn subscription still gave me great joy, even though i still have not used any of it. just knowing that it is there, waiting for me, is all i need!!

anyhoo… @Magpie’s package is all sealed up and ready to drop in the post on our wait to our appointment shortly!!

5 Likes

@megwell’s envelope is ready for the post office! I still need to do a bit of work on @jemimah’s Thing though. To finish it up, I need to do a craft that I’ve been doing for twenty years, which is why I always think it’s an easy way to finish. But although I’ve been doing it for a long time, I don’t actually do it often, so it requires some thinking. More thinking than I can currently do, after a long day of work! Hope that sounds mysterious enough :smiley: Hopefully I’ll find the time to do it tomorrow.

6 Likes

That sound Very Mysterious Indeed! I’m looking forward to seeing the Thing! :smile:

2 Likes

I sent today!

4 Likes

I’m in the final throes of finishing! :tada: It will definitely be done this evening, although I’ve had to rein myself in several times in terms of remembering that this is supposed to be a “little, good thing”! :joy: I will pack it and send it to work with my sweet husband to mail after he gets off the clock tomorrow. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Bless him; he’s going to have to become my mail fairy, since I’m medically unable to drive (pain plus wonky from meds). But it should be mailed on time! :two_hearts:

7 Likes

I’m finishing up tonight! A few fiddly bits are being recalcitrant and I’m having to sit down and re-think how I will handle them. Although due to work demands, I might not get it mailed off until Wednesday. I’ll update via PM when I know!

3 Likes

My sister was here, I gave her some sewing lessons & a small kit of essential including my one & only Purple Thang, wah!!! :sob:

7 Likes

Hang in there…happy mail is on it’s way! :heart:

2 Likes

Today is the day! If you’re going to be a day or two late sending that’s not a big deal, but please make sure you’ve let me and your partner(s) know-- thanks!

6 Likes

I was not able to mail out today, @thanate @jemimah @megwell. I was done with Megwell’s envelope and wanted to mail that out today (and finish Jemimah’s Thing tonight and mail that tomorrow) but the post office sent me home. Apparantly there’s a new procedure for parcels to the USA and it involves customs forms that need to be filled in online ahead of time and then printed and taken with me to the post office. I even have to open the envelope because every individual item has to be listed and weighed :frowning: Up until now I just filled in the customs sticker at the post office, and it didn’t have to be that specific, contents, total weight and value was enough.

6 Likes

Ugh, how irritating! Thanks for letting us know.

2 Likes

That’s how things work for me, too, where you have to do the customs online and it is a pain in the youknowwhat. I hate the guesstimating and trying to figure out shipping portion, too. If it was just the custom’s declaration, it wouldn’t be too bad. I’m sorry for you frustration…good luck!

2 Likes

I suppose a lot of people have terrible handwriting, and this way they can let the computer flag the parcels that are suspicious, so it makes sense from a customs perspective. But as a customer, sending international mail is becoming more complicated and more expensive every year. Only actual cards/letters are still simple and cheap to send.

3 Likes

Oh, what a hassle! Thanks for the heads-up. I’m excited to see it whenever they do let you send it. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

I was also told to expect a delay of up to 30 days on top of the regular 10 business days. But I think these days they say that just as a precaution. Some mail arrives very fast, other things take ages, not sure if all delays can be blamed on the pandemic

3 Likes

What a bother! But it will get there eventually :snail: :snail: :snail: :love_letter:

I’m off to the post office today - hopefully no hiccups!

3 Likes

I just put “crafted items” and put in 1 for the amount and the full weight…I use PayPal shipping and only have to put in the weight…write something silly on the outside, like Happy Birthday or Welcome Spring…I think they don’t have time to search through and verify all packages so they let those go through…lol

5 Likes

I mailed today! :tada: My Mom drove me to a doctor’s appointment, and we dropped by the Post Office afterwards. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Can’t wait for @Abbeeroad to receive it. :rabbit2: I had a ton of fun and tried a few quite new things!

5 Likes

@LuckyXIIICreations swap package mailed out today and should be to her by Thursday!

3 Likes

It’ll get here when it gets here; no worries.

3 Likes