Little itty bitty diorama

I made this for @Juju in the Santa sack swap.

Yes, I actually made a very sturdy little box from scratch. It needed to be custom made because folded up and tucked inside, was this.

…and now for the photo dump!

I also made ridiculously minuscule furniture to go in it. This was definitely the hardest part!

Thanks for looking!

23 Likes

Wow!! Clever! My mind is a little bit blown by how you did this, lol.

1 Like

Thank you! This is a reproduction of a 19th century design. I found it, along with the tutorial for assembly, online.

Oh. My. Goodness. The teeny tininess of this is crazy, especially the itty bittiness of those chairs! What a fun and well executed idea!

1 Like

Lol! Thank you!

This is unbelievable!
I can’t get over all of the detail!
Wonderful job

1 Like

Well, all I got is a string of laudatory cusses. FANNNNNNNTASTIC!

2 Likes

When I saw this in the gallery, I had NO CLUE how tiny it was. Utterly amazing!

1 Like

So tiny and cute. My eyes would not have lasted through this project.

1 Like

I also had no clue how tiny this was! You certainly have a skill for making the littlest pieces…

1 Like

Thanks, everyone!

Tweezers are essential! :blush:

I have a large book size of this house layout. It’s amazing in miniature…so detailed and perfect. what fun. And that tiny tiny furniture, oh my. I want to shrink myself.

1 Like

Thank you! I’d love to see a picture of your book sized one, if you have the time

Whoa. Whoa, tiny, wow!

1 Like

Lol! Thank you!

Woooaaah how’d you make such tiny stuff!?! That’s crazy! It looks great too! When I tried to make such tiny things they certainly didn’t look like this. Lol

1 Like

I don’t want to steal your thunder, but it is not quite like I remembered, but even more amazing. It’s a tall book that fans out into a two-story Victorian house. Printed in 1998, much of the glue has dried and house furnishings have popped off. I am jealous of the room-sized bathroom though, mine is so small.
There is even some paper dolls to play with.
It’s up for grabs if someone wants to swap.

2 Likes

Ooh, I keep meaning to make one of these some day! Nice job.

1 Like

So teeny! so pretty!

1 Like

Thanks guys!

And, I might actually want to swap for that! It is fantastic!!

1 Like