Little Knitted Mice

These are some little mice I knitted for a church fundraiser - they sold out fast!

They are based on a free pattern by Janet McMahon available on ravelry - Fair Isle Mice. I made a few mods - Knitted them in the round, knitted the ears differently, and tried out some different sweater patterns. Embroidered the eyes and noses with black perle cotton. They were a fun way to use up little scraps of yarn and stuffing :smiley:

24 Likes

These little guys are so charming.

2 Likes

I love these!! I’m in the camp of “I can crochet but holy crap, knitting is magic!!” :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

These are super adorable!

1 Like

Yes, this. Magic.

2 Likes

Eeep! So cute! I love them!

1 Like

The wee mice are adorable!

1 Like

Ahhh so cute! I love them and their little sweaters!

1 Like

These little ones are so, so cute! My little one just saw them today too and asked me if they could be made… Yes! Could I? Well, I’d have to learn to knit. Her answer was yes please, and then to show her how to do it herself. So for 2020 I guess one of my biggest projects will be finally learning to knit. And then learn how to teach a 6yo

4 Likes

Both my kids learned to knit at 6! If you’d like to teach her there are some useful rhymes. Look for Waldorf learn to knit videos. Here’s a start:

1 Like

These are absolutely adorable and my cats would have loved them as a Christmas gift.

1 Like

These are so adorable. Well done.

1 Like

ohhh I love these. I don’t know why, but I love little yarny mice. I always mean to make little white ones at Christmas as a nod to the ones in the Christmas crackers in HP but these with the little sweaters… so round and sweet. LOVE!

1 Like

These are so sweet! They inspire me to try to knit something that isn’t a straight, flat project. Maybe 2020 is my year.

2 Likes

Those little guys are so cute!

1 Like

Next swap dear lady, I want one with blue :grin:

1 Like

I am teaching myself to knit so I’ll be checking this out!

Thank you, that’s great!

And rightly so! they are so CUTE!! :mouse:

1 Like

I feel the same way! These are too cute for words