Little Owl Worry Stones

When I was a kid growing up on the Oregon Coast you could find worry stones in any number of little gift and trinket shops up and down the coast highway. They usually sat in little bowls by the register because they were small. I think they were $1 a piece. I don’t know who made them but they always dazzled me. I have always loved little precious and unique things you could squirrel away into a box. The ones when I was a kid were sculpted as little, wrinkled, old man faces. There was a flat indent on the side of each face, for resting your thumb, and each had a hole in it just in case you wanted to wear it. I had one (honestly, it’s probably floating around in the bottom of a box somehwere) and I loved to study the little face that was deftly and expertly crafted.

Anyhow… when I was trying to come up with things to make last summer for a big holiday festival I had signed up for, I remembered them. The little Barn Owl worry stones were born. A nod to my childhood and moving the concept forward.

71 Likes

These are wonderful! I want to reach through my screen and touch them! :owl:

1 Like

Love these!! They’re so simple, like little sketches in clay. :green_heart:

1 Like

Love them! Love the texture.

1 Like

These are fantastic. Definitely your own version.

My son gravitates toward little things like this at the fairs/festivals we attend. I’m sure if we went to yours we’d walk away with one. Hope they did well!

1 Like

Eeeek! These are super lovely. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I love these!

1 Like

I remember worry stones!! Yours are fabulous!

1 Like

I love that idea! My mom had a smooth jade worry stone with a dip for your to rub when needed. The predecessor to fidget gadgets! Your owls are so darling and I love the idea of tucking that away in a pocket when needed. Lovely.

1 Like

I have a smooth jade worry stone as well @sheepblue

These definitely have more personality…and I certainly hope people everywhere appreciate the little tiny treasures…

I have a box full of little treasures and collectibles…no purpose except to make me happy…

1 Like

Those are so adorable! What a great idea. I’m sure they were a big hit!

1 Like

These are really neat! I like the photo of the little owl army. :heart::owl:

1 Like

I love that each one is unique, what a fun idea!

1 Like

Love these! I remember those little bowls of stones at the register too, and tiny worry dolls. These are wonderful!

1 Like

These are so lovely!

1 Like

These are so great!

1 Like

Oooo very cool! I’m needing inspiration for new ceramic things to make (I am super amazing at getting stuck in a “rut” because I’ll keep practicing the same thing pretty much forever unless I find something else I want to work on), so I might borrow the “worry stone” idea and run with it at some point! (I need to do more handbuilding anyway. It feels so tedious to me, haha!)

1 Like

I would love to see what you come up with. My problem is that I have difficulty doing the same thing too many times. Once I get an awesome idea out there I am ready to move on. It’s been an exercise for me to stay the course. Of course the other day I started sculpting a piece that I want to put a hinged metal door on. lol. So much for staying the course. :laughing:

These are great … I remember worry stones too but never any this cute.

1 Like

:laughing::rofl::joy:

1 Like