Little Zipper Bags

I received some great fabric from @Magpie in a recent swap and knew right away I’d use some of it for my oldest grand daughter.

We were talking on FaceTime last week while she played with her new Calico Critters she’d just received for her 5th birthday and I offered to make a zippered bag for the tiny, tiny pieces, gave her a choice of fabrics and she picked this one.

I called her today to show her the bag and her face glowed with excitement when she saw it. Because we are going on holidays this week, I’m mailing it so she won’t have to wait a couple weeks until we visit again, that caused even more excitement to be getting mail.

This is approx 5 x 7

I made two of them, the smaller one will probably go to our younger grand daughter.

They are fully lined and it’s the easiest bag I’ve ever made, sure wish I’d known this method years ago. The main fabric and lining are joined with fusible interfacing so it feels like you are using just one fabric.

26 Likes

Your granddaughter has great taste! These turned out so well, and the zippers coordinate perfectly.

1 Like

Super cute, I love that the fabric is so quickly off into the world being used & loved :slight_smile:

3 Likes

These came out really nice. What a great way to corral all those little critters and pieces while bringing such joy to your granddaughter!

1 Like

They came out awesome! Perfect for her critters. Love the FaceTime exchanges!!

1 Like

So do I :smiley:

2 Likes

These are so cute!

1 Like

My goodness these are cute and all the cuter with the story of your granddaughter’s reaction.

1 Like

Very cute fabric and excellent execution!

1 Like

:mega: Wheeeeee dawgeez! :confetti_ball: Your fantastic craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :rocket:

1 Like

Aww, thanks

1 Like

Lovely work @Cindy! They’ll be used and loved for a long time, I’m sure.

1 Like

They are absolutely perfect. Love the fabrics. I totally understand why your granddaughter is so thrilled to receive it!

1 Like