Long-awaited boys' pajamas

My poor, patient son. Two years ago he wanted a new set of winter pajamas. I went out and got him some fun fabric, and then that project got pushed aside over and over again as more pressing things came up, or it turned summer and stuff like that. Propelled by the spirit of the De-Stash-along, I decided to bust this out this weekend. Shockingly, my son has grown in the past two years, so I had to size up the pattern and was consequently a little bit short of fabric to complete the shirt. I had a length of solid blue flannel that was originally purchased for a different project (one year or so ago), but I’ve been thinking of going in a different direction for that. Blue flannel to the rescue!

16 Likes

Nice job! Way to make it work.

2 Likes

A custom pair of PJs!!! Kids grow up so quickly…he looks quite handsome in his new duds…I think the extra fabric idea was genius…and, bravo for sticking to stash!!!

2 Likes

Nice work, and great solution to the fabric shortage!

2 Likes

That’s really nice

2 Likes

How wonderful! It looks comfy, and he finally got it :smiley: even if it did take 2 years

2 Likes

Lovely pajama’s! And what a good solution to use blue flannel.

Yay for stash busting!!

2 Likes

Aw! I bet he loves his new jammies! I know I would.

2 Likes

Awesomely creative solution to making do with what you have on hand!
I think the addition of the solid blue flannel pieces makes it even better! Nice job :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They look great! Good solution. And also good reminder that I too bought flannel for jammies last year and still haven’t made any …

2 Likes

Handsome youngster, and cheerful pajamas! They look toasty and fun. I like the look of the patterned fabric with the solid.

1 Like

I think you’re right – the pajamas would have been fine all in the patterned fabric, but the solid really turned out to be a good touch. Maybe it’s a good thing I waited too long… lol

2 Likes