2020 DeStash-Along

Awesome tote and story…just a very unique repurpose and the bag is much more useful…love it.

2 Likes

I used some of my precious Charlie Harper flamingo fabric given to me by @AIMR to make a pouch for me

19 Likes

Great! Now this is the kind of destashing I love to see…using the good stuff for yourself!!!

3 Likes

I really like the hanging closet organizer for yarn. (and, I hear you on the serger; I have used mine, but not in ages)

1 Like

@Edel love that pouch! An inside pocket with zipper is always handy! And using the good fabric for yourself is awesome.

@thanate it’s from the kids storage section at Ikea. Originally bought for kids storage but I always worried it would be pulled off the ceiling so now it’s mine!

1 Like

I got fabric out of my sewing room and onto a body! Three cheers for de-stashing!

6 Likes

I have been or plan on destashing my yarn supply by doing…
-Crocheting some special tree ornaments for next Xmas (yes, I DO get ready this early)
-Crocheting some items for charity (which I will post soon)
-Crocheting a blanket which I will pair with a vintage sheet to give to my BFF either for her birthday or next Xmas
-A shark blanket for another BFF who loves the cheesy shark movies on TV
-Making both DDs cake jars for their birthdays this spring
-And probably a bunch of other stuff that I had in my head and forgot already…

I’m too lazy right now to take a photo of my craft room, but it’s tiny, and everything has a place, although it looks crowded. It’s my happy space, not only because it houses all my materials, but also because I painted it a color that makes me smile, and it’s filled with items from all of you! :kissing:

5 Likes

The fact that you have enough yarn to do all these big projects to destash yarn amazes me.

1 Like

I am interested in seeing that shark blanket!

1 Like

@Lynx every time I see this tote I love it more. You did a fantastic job.

3 Likes

@Lynx, I love seeing new life breathed into old quilts! I went to an antique store and all the quilts made me so sad, knowing how much love went into them only for people to discard them.

Yes! Using the good fabric FTW, @Edel! Cute pouch!

I made a basket (pattern) all from stash. The yarn in it is for my next crochet project.

19 Likes

I love that basket! Thanks for sharing the pattern. I don’t think I have the right sort of yarn in stash but I’m going to squirrel it away for later just in case.

@Lynx that is gorgeous. I love the colour shading you’ve done.

I destashed some cotton today! I made pan handle covers for my cast iron skillets. They get really hot! The little pot holder is for when I need two hands to lift the pan. I am quite jazzed by them but they are going to be so dirty soon. image

11 Likes

Such lovely crochet things!

You’ve reminded me to make a pan handle cover - great idea!

2 Likes

Do it Kirsten! To dangerous not to! (((Hugs)))

2 Likes

Thats so gorgeous!!

1 Like

That fabric is magical!!! Beautiful sewing skills.

oooh, I’ve had this exact basket recipe pinned on my “want to do” list for aaaages. Maybe I’ll copycat and get it done this winter! Yours looks great! I love the color scheme you chose. Did you like the process? Would you make it again?

Fun and useful project! Bet we’ll see a lot more of these in the near future! :wink: