Love Is Deceased Cross Stitch

While far from the largest, this might be the fussiest cross stitch I have done in the couple years I have been cross stitching.

It has the most mistakes that I didn’t catch until it was “too late” and also the most backstitching. I have a fun idea for how to display this that I hope to get to work on in the next couple of months. The pattern is from Night Spirit Studio and I believe about 7" or so at its widest and tallest area.

UPDATE: A mere 10.5 months later I have finally made this into a ridiculous throw pillow cover!

19 Likes

Oh, that does look fussy, and on black aida too, yikes!
I like the patterns from that store very much but I still don’t love actually doing cross stitch myself so I’ve been on the fence about buying any. You’re not selling it with your description of the difficult level but it turned out so great looking in spite of your trouble, I am working hard to resist the temptation…

3 Likes

Your eyes must be so happy to be finished after working on that black aida! It turned out great! I’m really excited to see how you decide to display it!

2 Likes

Ha! This is awesome!! The discarded boxers make me giggle.

3 Likes

Thanks, pals!

I held off on starting this one until I got a magnifying Ott Light, because of the black aida even though it’s 14 count and not super tiny! My MIL gave me the light for xmas!

I am really hoping my idea works out! I’m still mulling over part of my approach as well as putting a few other projects ahead of it on The List.

2 Likes

And now I am seeing in the photo some missed back stitching, Oy!

2 Likes

Fun design! I can’t see anything wrong. It looks awesome.

2 Likes

This is so great! I can totally see how it would be fussy but you nailed it! Backstitching is my least fave part

1 Like

Thanks so much, friends!

1 Like

I see no mistakes. Only awesomeness!

1 Like

Nice! There is a lot of little details in this. Awesome job.

1 Like

What an adorable little piece! I love all of it and can’t even imagine what a bear it was to work on with the dark background and multiple shades of white/grey.

1 Like

Thanks, friends!

1 Like