Machine Embroidered Dragon Needlebooks

A couple months ago I had the joy of participating in the Make a Pouch & Fill It Swap with @jillybeans. When I was looking around for fun things I could fill her pouch with, I stumbled upon a machine embroidery file for an in-the-hoop needlebook, with a beautiful fairy tale cover, complete with dragon, and scrolling vines and arch. I just knew I had to make it for her.

I had the black faux leather in my stash. Jill listed a love of blues and cool tones, so I went with a blue dragon, and silver details. And since the deep blue was only used on the dragonโ€™s horns, tail tip, and eye, I decided to reuse it as the edge of the book.

The lining is a pretty fabric that my Midwest Meetup Gift Exchange item came wrapped in. (Thanks for that @fishstix43!) And the blue ribbon was from stash.

After finishing Jillโ€™s needlebook, I was already feeling jealous, and decided I totally deserved one of my own. So I picked out my favorite shade of purple for the dragon.

I even had a fat quarter ihttps://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/machine-embroidered-dragon-needlebooks/26605/2n my stash in the same shade of purple, with gold metallic stars to use as the lining!

The gold ribbon was again from stash. Actually, now that I write it all out, both of these were entirely from stash!

25 Likes

These are โ€ฆ FANTABULOUS!!!

1 Like

Both are simply stunning!

1 Like

Magnificent dragons! I would be fun to pull these out every time a needle was needed.

1 Like

These came out beautifully! Great color choices. I especially like the purple interior, it extends the magic from the outside to the inside of the book!

2 Likes

That fabric definitely went on to an epic use - these are gorgeous!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I love these!!

1 Like

After using a big chunk in the needlebook, I sliced and diced the rest into 2.5" squares, and several people received them in the Scrappy Mail Swap!!!

They are wonderful!

1 Like

Gorgeous!

1 Like

These are both stunning! I love how the color change gives each of them a unique feel.

3 Likes

These are very beautiful. Give s me an idea for a gift for a DnD player.

1 Like

These are gorgeous! What a beautiful and practical gift.

1 Like

These came out so fantastic. Iโ€™m so glad you made yourself one!

1 Like

Wow! So beautiful!!!

1 Like

Those are some beautiful dragons. If my nephew suddenly took up needlecraft, heโ€™d love these.

1 Like

These are so cool! I was debating on making one and I think I will since yours turned out so well. I love the colors!

1 Like

I love these so much! I feel like I need an embroidery machine. (Have no space for one though)

1 Like

These are absolutely magical! I love the pop of the stitching on the faux leather. Beautiful and useful! What a magnificent combination!

1 Like

These are so cool!! The texture and color differences are very enjoyable and make me want to touch it. :slight_smile:

1 Like