Make A Bag/Purse

Several years ago on Craftster I did a “make a bag and fill it swap”. It was one of my favorites to do. I think the bag was a large and included 3 smalls.

Would anyone be interested in doing this swap? I think I would want to have a decently long crafting period. About 2 months? I would be willing to host if there’s interest. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You just missed the sign ups for it, it’s on right now!

1 Like

I’m actually in this swap, but the bag is more of a pouch and not something intended to be complicated. My thoughts was making a cross body bag of etc.

2 Likes

Ohhh, haha! You are enjoying it so much you want to do it again, & bigger, already! :handbag:

3 Likes

This is interesting to me, but I may be overloaded until after Christmas.

1 Like

It was called the “Make a Purse and Fill It” swap. That was my first swap ever, and I LOVED it. I would love to do another one of them. It would have to be at the beginning of the year or something I could do during my Christmas break, though.
I think swapping has gotten “smaller” lately. I am unsure if it is due to time, expense, etc., but I’d love to do a bigger swap where you made a substantial item!

3 Likes

Yes! I really like swaps where you make one or two bigger special items instead of lots of little things.

4 Likes

I think for a while we had the issue of sticker shock when shipping prices went up, so people didn’t want to do larger swaps. It seems like now, people are getting used to it, understand what they are signing up for and may be more willing to do it! That makes me very happy!
@Manders - I hope you do open this swap. Right now I am crafting for a charity booth (first one and I am a mess) until October 15, but after that I would be in. Even if sign-ups ended a little before then, I would be in.

1 Like

I haven’t hosted a swap since Craftster, but I’m definitely willing. How long can sign ups and craft time be? Would opening sign ups now and send dates be in February work?

I’m expecting to give birth in March so I’m hoping to do this before then. XD

1 Like

I sent you a PM discussing some logistics.

1 Like

Would people be able to participate if I had signups late December and send outs in February?

1 Like

I think that would work for me.

1 Like

I’d be interested, and that timing would work for me.

1 Like

I’d be interested if sending early next year.

2 Likes

Works for me too!

2 Likes

Hey all, I wanted to check to see if there is still interest for a make a bag and fill it swap. I’m thinking I can do signups 12/27?

If so, would everyone prefer to just make a bag or to make goodies along with the bag? I think the biggest thing is I’d like this swap where the bag is a large item.

3 Likes

My home life has taken a bit of a turn so i wouldnt be able to join, but i truly hope you still do this. I will be stalking the gallery!

Aww, sorry to hear that Gozer. If there’s people who are still interested, I’d still organize the swap. I’ve been really looking forward to it. :grin:

2 Likes

I’m still interested. To clarify, there are no limits on the construction of the bag/ purse, right? So it could be sewn, crocheted, woven, TM patched … whatever, right?

To answer your question, @Manders, I’m interested in the bag itself; not so much the extras/filling. (Though if my partner wanted that, I’d be fine with it.)

1 Like

There wouldn’t be a limit to how the bag is made as long as it is a large. (No tote bags, for example)

I’d be ok with making this just a Make a Purse Swap without filling it. The.purse is also what I’m excited about. :blush: (Or maybe just bought fillers)

2 Likes