Mandala Tweed Stripes Baby Afghan

When I saw a similar afghan posted by @jellybean I just knew I had to make one too. I’ve seen the pattern called several different names but the one I used is … Swirl in a Square …

I’ve never used Mandala yarn before but when we were only holidays last week, I found it on sale at Michaels so decided to give it a try. In hindsight, I wish I had started with a different colour so the pattern was more visible in the centre.

This took 2 cakes of Horseshoe

17 Likes

It came out lovely! I really like the color palette of the yarn.

1 Like

So pretty!

1 Like

Very pretty! I’m using that yarn (different colorway) for a shawl!

1 Like

It looks great! I think that pattern is very pretty.

1 Like

I just started another of these afghans in feminine colours of the same yarn.

1 Like

Your afghan looks great! :smiley:

1 Like

Mandala is really stepping up their game. I hate how much I love it.

1 Like

:smiley: I hear ya … just looked at all the varieties available and I want almost all of them!

Right?! Lion’s Ferris Wheel, and Mandala Tweeds are slaying it for commercial color ways. I was so nosey, I had to check, and Mandala was introduced in 2017 and I think Ferris Wheel hit the market 2018.

It’s a great yarn for gifted projects. I will NEVER make something someone has to ‘care for’. And the color ways are just spot on!

1 Like

This is so pretty!!!

1 Like

This is a really fun pattern. It makes me think of a volleyball, actually. I really like the colors.

1 Like

I couldn’t figure out what you meant until I look a long look and it finally dawned on me what you were seeing :smiley:

1 Like

I really love this! I love color-changing yarn so much. :yellow_heart: Especially one with a slow gradient change. Beautiful afghan!

1 Like

It looks beautiful! Love the colors you chose.

1 Like

That’s a beautiful afghan!
And I love the colors.

1 Like