Thing-A-Day February Craftalong 2020

@LadybugsAndBeesSimple tutorial for free on YouTube

3 Likes

I did this Fabric masterboard .
It was supposed to be the start for another project but it won’t stay the shape I cut it :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: so it’s back to the drawing board, well, sewing machine​:thread:

2 Likes

Maybe try some kind of interfacing or stabilizer between layers if you do a second round? Or much more dense stitching that overlaps itself so the threads can provide some structure.

1 Like

Lol.
That just shat I said, over on initial post :+1::joy:

1 Like

I use heat bond and cover it all with washable embroidery stabilizer then stitch the hell out of it. I have used the fabric to make notebook covers and hearts for other projects…

2 Likes

24/29 … today I finished my baby afghan and you can see it here …

3 Likes

“Shifting gears” ended up meaning “doing no crafting for several days” while I visited my parents over the weekend. But I think I finished that second Zetti piece tonight, aside from maybe some touch-ups tomorrow.

3 Likes

I decided to work a rainbow design around this square wreath form. I’m using scraps from soccer jerseys…see…the proof!

The corner was tricky, but then I figured out how to only use half the form as I round the corner. I have several shades of blue, green, and pink to alternate my rainbow with.

8 Likes

What an interesting shape to work with! I like the rainbow effect…I may end up doing that because I don’t have enough of one color of scraps unless I tear into fat quarters…I am not ready to do that…

I am working on my spouse’s curtains for his studio…he has been waiting patiently…

3 Likes

Spent the day cleaning, organizing, and doing errands. That secret project I finished yesterday? I decided to make another one out of more stash yarn. I’m not sure what I think of the color scheme of the first one, so either this one will replace it, or be a copy for me, or simply be a good little stash busting project to put aside in my gift stash. Did 3 rows on the new one yesterday, and managed to get another 7 rows done today.

2 Likes

I’ve been making bowl cozies. I made it through 2 of the 4 that I have cut out. Lots of learning happening with this! LoL

3 Likes

I made one earring yesterday and the second one today. They’ll have their own post once I figure out if I want them in the miniature challenge.

10 Likes

I got all kinds of ambitious last night. I had left my lunch bag at work and was sad but also it pushed me to make a lunch bag. I had ordered a scrap pack from the custom fabric group QA before they decided to shut down. And in that pack I got some PUL. Which I thought would be perfect for the inside of my bag. And it’s working so far but I have never sewn with it and don’t think I want to even though I have a bunch left :laughing:.

The PUL is from the celestial group they ran that had children sleeping on clouds and moons. QA was a people of color focused group so they always printed fabric with people of color on it. I’m not a person of color but I loved the designs they had.

6 Likes

Thank you. I didn’t see the link. I appreciate it.

1 Like

Thank you too! It is appreciated!

It looks like stained glass!

I’ve never seen a square wreath form! Where did you get it?

1 Like

I love these-they’re geckos, right?

I am using plain white pul to line the grocery bags I am making. It is moisture resistant and yet washable. With our stores removing plastic bags soon, everyone is scrambling for safe ways to transport food. I am trying to think of something to keep things like meat/chicken away from other foods…thinking of making four bags: dry good, produce, meats/chicken, fridge/freezer

Any ideas?

1 Like

Hmm I’m no expert in grocery bag making. But for the frozen one I would get something like insilbright and some batting for the inside. Also doing something like PUL or an oil cloth/vinyl fabric inside incase of spills.

For the meats I would do a bag with a lining and have the PUL, oil cloth, or vinyl on the inside. Something washable but not something you have to throw the whole thing in the laundry to clean it.

For dry goods just making sure it’s sturdy. So using more of a canvas type of fabric and reinforcing seams. Maybe doing French seams too as that is double seams and hides raw edges.

For produce I have seen a lot of people go for mesh bags. I would do some of those and some of the dry goods bags as well.

1 Like