Map of a Lettuce Crafter's Brain ATC

For one of my October ATC swaps, I chose @thanate’s theme of “a map of something that is not a place.”

I decided to create a map of a lettuce crafter’s brain:

and the back:

I drew the brain onto a piece of patterned paper, cut it out, and glued it onto the ATC background, which I had previously painted with acrylic. Then I added the “regions” of the brain map with alcohol marker and ink pen, relating real regions of the brain to how they “translate” into how a crafter thinks.

Thanks for looking :slight_smile:

14 Likes

How clever! And artistic, too— love how colorful it is. Great ATC!

1 Like

Nice! Well mapped onto the actual function of those brain areas! :laughing:

2 Likes

I think you nailed it, especially the part about “plans for the next several years”.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone for the kind words :slight_smile:
I’m so grateful to have found a group to exchange ATCs with! I just love making them.

1 Like

This is so cool!!

1 Like

What a great interpretation of the prompt! I like your choice of paper for the brain. It stands out against the background nicely and has a very ‘creative’ feel with the multi color painted look.

1 Like

I have to comment again, to say that this one also just brings joy to the neuroscience-background nerd in me. I love how you made sure that the craft functions aligned with the actual brain functions. Chef’s kiss!

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the beautifully kind words, everyone.

I’m really struggling today.

Knowing that my art has brought joy to others is really helpful in reminding me I can have a positive impact despite the lies my brain likes to tell me

3 Likes

I interpreted the “vison” portion very liberally lol

Thank you for saying that; it made me smile on a hard day

2 Likes

Brilliant idea and nicely executed! Fun, colorful and educational all at the same time! This is a great addition to an ATC collection!

The next several years bit is my favorite part…, OMGosh SOOOOOO true! :joy:

1 Like

Right??? :joy: