Martian Yip Yips - Monster Jam!

Two Yip YIp’s down from the Martian planet to check out our maker stuffs.

Crocheted using this free pattern from Rav: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/yip-yips-crochet

The navy + orange eyes on left is Bernat velvet in navy. It was incredibly soft, but obviously has a greater drape and made for my sister. This one is my favorite (even though he’s less structured)

The baby blue + white eyes on right is Bernat baby blanket chenille in overcast. It has more form, and I did line it (per the directions), as this was a swap gift for my buddy curiousfae.

Both shipped out yesterday for their new homes. Uh-huh, uh-huh.

How much Monster Jam is in you? Come jam with us!
Monster Jam 2020-01

13 Likes

Are those supposed to be bag catchers (I don’t know the official name for it - a bag to hold plastic bags)? That’s so cool! I’ve only ever seen Yip Yips done as toys or puppets.

3 Likes

I think that’s what a lot of people ended up using them for? They’re surprisingly large! My sister will probably put dog toys, leashes, socks, or even use for kitchen towel storage?

The lined one would obviously function better with little bits so they wouldn’t fall through. If I was just going to use for bags, I don’t know I would line it though.

I like they are fun AND functional!

4 Likes

These crack me up! I love them!

2 Likes

Agh! I love these so much. Their little faces! The are so fun and whimsical. I love that they are functional too. They would make you smile every time you used them.

2 Likes

Oh. Emm. Gee! I am in love. They are both so fabulous but omg the navy has just the right drape & sheen. You’ve convinced me to tackle this monstrous project & make a set for myself. Thanks for the yarn name & pattern link!

1 Like

Oh crap. Now you’ve done it! @toadiscrafty will want one now and I don’t know how to crochet!!! :grimacing: They are his favorite muppets!

1 Like

OH man these are fantastic! Love the eyes, lol.

1 Like

Functional but also hilarious! Love them!! The best combo :orange_heart:

:metal:t3:

1 Like

Aww, I love yip yips! :smiley: Great job!

1 Like

I love these so much!

1 Like

OMG THE YIP YIPS! I had to share youtube clips with my husband to show him what they were since he didn’t watch Sesame Street much as a kid.
I love these! I think I need one for my sewing room!

1 Like

I love the yip yips! I can think of so many things to store in them!

1 Like

I CANNOT wait for him to get here. I hope he’s hungry. Got lots o’bags for him. heheh

You did a stellar job. The eyes are perfect!

2 Likes

Yassss! Do it!

You do!! Also, there is a guy on Daily Motion who posted them all. There are surprising few! (Confirmed against wiki)

After seeing these, Is there any other way to store plastic bags? Surely not as fun and ADORABLE as these guys.
I can’t believe I will have my own Yip Yip.

1 Like

Yeah, I hope he doesn’t arrive with crushed peepers. Boo

Segue - after so the swapping I’ve done, it’s weird to share an object before it’s been received.

These are fantastic!!

1 Like

Action shot!
I got him today. He’s in my laundry room where I keep the bags but I’m going to make him a spot in the kitchen so everybody can see him!
Thanks again @JoyfulClover

4 Likes

Look how happy he is! Ready to do work, son!