Mask-Along

This is great! I bet your mom will love it.

1 Like

Appropriate colour for it too, I’ve only ever seen pictures of that guy in all black. Even his cowboy hat!

2 Likes

It came out awesome! I thought the logo was machine embroidered at quick glance. Very profesh.

2 Likes

Thanks. Gotta love the freezer paper stencil!

1 Like

Too bad I have to use the medical ones, since I cannot breathe properly through the fabric ones and I can’t stop my glasses from fogging up. Ah well.

Oh, and a warning: when Marc and I made fabric masks, last year, we used thin pipe cleaners for nose wires. Turns out they break after a couple of uses.

1 Like

Haven’t been sewing many more masks lately but I have to admit, some of the fabric I used last was so much fun and I miss playing with the prints. There are just so many fun fabrics out there!!

I, personally am still masking indoors in public because even though I’m vaccinated, my rheumatologist says it’s hard to know how effective the vaccines are in people with autoimmune diseases and that we likely have not the full amount of protection. So I’m still wearing my fun prints even if I’m not really sewing many these days.

5 Likes

Those are really cute fabrics!

I am going to make some new ones as well because I have no doubt that the new strains incubating in the unvaccinated people is going to be more dangerous and contagious…so much is unknown, but the one known is that the virus will seek out those hosts that it can easily invade…I am also not taking chances…

2 Likes

I am LOVING that “It’s a small world” fabric! and the owls, and the balloons… well all of them…

2 Likes

@PhoenixFireDesigns , what fun fabrics. My DW just asked for a few more masks. With numbers rising, her work has asked for masking up inside again. I may have to begin making masks for this fall when kids go back to school. We are watching the numbers.

4 Likes

I am gearing up as well…hubby had to let a few of his adult drum students go because they are not getting the vaccine. Sad, but we made the decision not to allow others in our home if they are not vaccinated and won’t wear a mask.

I sort of feel like we lost a lot of ground…I remind people that smallpox was eradicated because people got vaccinated…it makes me so angry because I have a feeling we will be shutting some things down again.

2 Likes

Honestly, it really is so frustrating! With this attitude, we never would have conquered polio! My mom remembers people LINING UP GLADLY to get their polio vaccines in the 50’s. She can’t believe the attitude of people these days.

2 Likes