May The Quilt Force Be With You - Star Wars Gradu-mas Gift

The last few years I’ve gifted various quilts to family members as a means to try out patterns and see how they turn out, as well as have an excuse to go fabric shopping.
This year, I decided to make my sister’s husband a quilt since he was finally graduating with his teaching credential for math. At first, my hope was to test out a pattern I wanted to use for a music quilt (you’ll see that soon!) using stashed fabric from a previous nerdy wedding quilt, but it turns out i didn’t have enough. So i hit up joanns with a blue, gray and black color palate and went to town.
I can’t seem to find my pattern, but once I do, i will be sure to update this with the title of it! Also, i found this fun fabric at the LQS that was blue and math all over, so it was perfect to mix in to the front of the quilt as well as add as an accent to the back! this “lap sized” quilt is also big enough for my queen size bed… :woman_facepalming:

24 Likes

Wow that is a stunning quilt! Lap sized :joy: :joy:

The colours, patterns and the fabric is so well chosen. Your quilting is so neat. Great job!
:metal:t3:

2 Likes

Love love love love!! This came out fanTAStic! This appeals to both mine and my husband’s love of Star Wars, and my husbands love of math!! SUPER gorgeous.

2 Likes

Noice!!!

2 Likes

That quilt is amazing!! Fantastic work and I bet he loves it! I’m not going to show my hubby, because I know he’d want one, lol!

2 Likes

Nice! Colours go so well together.

2 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

It is quite stunning to look at from afar and up close!

You did a wonderful job of pulling off colors and patterns…your family and friends are lucky that you love to experiment and that those experiments are turning out so well!

1 Like

Really beautiful! I TRULY LOVE how subtle the fandom is. I covet this beast.

:four_leaf_clover: :metal: :shamrock:

Absolutely love your color selections! Beautiful quilting and very well pieced together.

Awesome work! Excellent fabric choices. :smile:

That is amazing!

Wow wow wow! :astonished: The math fabric was a great find!

Awesome fabric and laughed at the lap size. Lol

Holy frijoli, that is amazeballs. Oh my gosh, just, I can’t even.

1 Like

This is simply fantastic! Love the blue color way and the fabric and the pattern and the quilting. This would definitely look great in our geeky household :nerd_face:

Great job! And may the force be with you!

1 Like

some of them do get the most random things… like an elizabeth hartman hazel hedgehog quilt made out of civil war prints with a moda grunge background :rofl:

1 Like

i made two of this quilt, and i still don’t know why when i made the second one i didn’t scale it down to be the smaller size when this one turned out to be a BEAST of a lap quilt :joy:

2 Likes

Well this is just fantastic!!

2 Likes

This is gorgeous! You put together a perfect color palette. And that porg fabric… oh I love it so.

1 Like