Me Made Bias Tapes

It’s been awhile since I made bias tape - which I really like doing - so when project requiring it finally made it near the top of the list, I went for it!

The method I use requires making single fold tape, that you fold in half and press to make double fold. My bias strip was quite a bit longer than the 5 yards of 1/2" double fold required for my project, so I left some in the 1" single fold format.

I expect to get the final project done in the next few weeks.

13 Likes

What great fabric!

1 Like

People like making bias tape?! Is that a thing? :open_mouth: but it looks great, the fabric is perfect for it. Can’t wait to see what you’re using it for.

Looooove it!

I seriously want to try my hand at making bias tape. The handmade stuff is just SO much more interesting to look at!

Great fabric!
Do you hand fold it and press, or use some kind of tool or template?
Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks everyone!

It’s like black licorice… seems like you either love it or hate it. I love it! And making bias tape.

That’s why I love making it! It’s just so much more fun or pretty or funky or whatever you want!

I have two methods. For this one I used a Clover brand maker like this. This model can make fusible bias tape, though I have never done that.

But I also have one of these. In searching for this image I see that they must not be making them any more and used ones are REALLY expensive. I wish I’d bought more sizes of “cartridge” or whatever they’re called!

Years ago I saw a video for how to make a very long bias strip quite quickly out of 1/2 yard of fabric and have found that method very helpful. The amount you get depends on how wide you strip is, of course, but I’d wager that I get around 10 yards of 1.25" single fold bias tape with this method.

4 Likes

So pretty! I love that fabric.

2 Likes