Meal Prepalong

I’ve been meal prepping for a couple of years now. My daughter (13) has also caught this bug. I’d be glad to share recipes and what I’ve learned.

4 Likes

@CatwithSevenToes Does freezing the cooked noodles affect the consistency when they’re reheated?

@kaz814 They’re not cooked. What I do is after using a bread machine like unit to knead the dough, then I use my hand crank machine to roll them out. After that, then I roll the dough up and slice it then uncoil them.

How to make noodles
This is like what I do, except my dough is not as soft as this one, and I cut the noodles thinner.

1 Like

This sounds great, following😀

1 Like

I’ve been on keto for about 4 months and usually prep 2-3 large items on Sundays. Soups, stews, and casseroles are my go-to. I’ll try to remember to post when I do a day!

3 Likes

I just started Weight Watchers, so I’ve meal prepped some casseroles that are low in points, and I can just grab them out of the freezer. The name and point value are marked on each container. If the meal is already made, it keeps me from grabbing something on the spur of the moment.

2 Likes

I just started, too, Donna! I’m MarylandCrabGal there. :smile:

Looking forward to see everyone’s prepping!

I’ve been doing keto too! Took a little break but getting back at it soon! I lost 30 lbs in between June and November.

3 Likes

My husband and I have really cruddy food allergies (alliums[onion, garlic, etc] for him & pork, fish, & shellfish for me) that are hard to deal with sometimes. We are also VERY recent empty nesters, so feeding 4 teen/men (and all their friends) plus me vs just the 2 of us is new. Meal prepping has helped in the past, but I now need to refocus how we do it, so I’m absolutely in!

1 Like

I made a yummy breakfast casserole for breakfast for the next few days.

I steamed red potatoes in the instant pot and today I chopped, seasoned and browned them up. Then I cooked about a pound of sausage up, seasoned everything with salt, pepper, garlic, onion, and paprika and a lot of fresh chopped parsley. I oiled a baking dish, added this mixture, covered in cheese and then poured over 9 eggs I blended with half and half, s/p, and more paprika. Baked at 325* for 40 minutes!

I topped mine with my current fave condiment–sour cream mixed with Trader Joe’s Jalapeño Sauce!

5 Likes

That looks amazing, MareMare! I also haven’t thought to cook potatoes in my pressure cooker. :smiley: Thanks for the idea!

I have an odd one day work week. (I teach middle school. Today was a workday and the students return tomorrow. Yeah, don’t get me started o that. :wink: )

I decided to freezer dive to make a single lunch prep meal. I had a pack of chicken, some baby carrots and some freshly cooked green beans leftover from NY.

Therefore tomorrow’s meal is spicy chicken w/ roasted baby carrots and green beans. I used the rub recipe from here.

All told, my meal is 330 calories, 20 gr carbs and about 11 g fat. Not bad for pulling it together without a plan. :smiley:

1 Like

That looks sooooo yummy, Bajita! And so healthy!

1 Like

your casserole sounds so good

1 Like

It’s super easy! I always do 1 cup water with a steamer insert. Whole red medium sized potatoes took about 12 minutes and large russets peeled and cut into about 6 pieces each took 10 minutes.

1 Like

I’m dmarie360, and I’m following you now on WW. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I lost 14 pounds in the first 2 weeks, went up and down a little, and have stayed steady since then :woman_shrugging: But I’m also a type 2 diabetic and it’s done wonders for my blood sugar control - I’m in the non-diabetic range now, without being on any meds!

5 Likes

WHOA! That’s awesome! Congratulations!

Nice! After the initial water weight loss I settled into about 6-8 lbs a month. I’ve got RA and it helps do much with inflammation!

1 Like

So wonderful at how much weight people have lost! Keep up the good job.

I’ve lost about 33lb the last 6 months of 2019, only by eating less, I reached my goal of 165lb in 2019 by simply eating less, and now in 2020 I’m planning to get down to 132 by also exercising and making sure I eat better. The eating part is hard at my current job, but 5 more days and then I’m out of a job so it will be way easier, hopefully the next job I find makes it easier to stick to my diet without alerting everyone.

Anyway, foodprep will be a huge part for me this year, got to figure out the best way to make delicious, varied and easy to prepare food, and cheap, because losing almost half of my income means I have to watch those kroner (my version of dollars) like I watch my weight and what I eat

3 Likes