Meal Prepalong

Today is meal prep day for me!

I’m planning:

Breakfasts: egg and turkey sausage breakfast casserole
Snacks: hardboiled eggs, protein shakes, Greek yogurt and raspberries
Lunches: Chicken with roasted veggies and rice
Dinners: Tex-Mex shrimp salad

I’ll post pics when I’m finished!

What are YOU planning for the coming week?

3 Likes

I meal plan each week, but never meal prep - I think this would be helpful!

It’s my last day off before I go back to work after the holidays (feels like I’ve been off forever - so nice!), and I’ve prepped a bunch of stuff for the freezer, like:

Mexican chicken veggie soup gone keto (that’s celeriac and chayote squash, not potatoes, and black SOY beans - the only low carb bean). Adapted from “New Latin Flavours” cookbook

Vietnamese Bo Kho (beef, turnips, carrots flavoured with coconut, lemongrass, star anise, curry powder, Chinese 5-spice). From The Keto Instant Pot cookbook.

And Saag Paneer - the only veg option (I used to eat a lot of non-meat meals, but it’s tougher on keto. From Spice Cravings blog.

Here’s a couple jars about to be frozen

5 Likes

@psyche, your soups look amazing! Where do you find black soy beans? I’d love to give those a try. :slight_smile:

My lunch prep for this week is beef, mushroom and vegetable stew. Only 270 calories per serving and very filling!

4 Likes

Prepped veggies for salad and snacking, the breakfast casserole, along with the shrimp for the salad:

Lunches of chicken, rice, and veggies:

Hard boiled eggs, yogurt and raspberries:

3 Likes

I get canned black soybeans from my local health food store. They’re decent!

2 Likes

That vietnamese bo kho looks amazing!
I’m always looking for new soup and stew ideas…thanks so much for sharing :smiley:

I have seen dried black soybeans at my local asian market.
One of my friends makes her own soy milk and sometimes she uses black soybeans.

Bookmarking – these recipes sound great.

I love this idea! I usually make four serving meals and refrigerate in separate containers since it’s just me. I would like to be able to set aside a day to do all my dinners and snacks for the week instead of cooking here and there. Has anyone used bento boxes or meal prep containers? I currently use store brand containers but they aren’t segmented for multiple food types, so I end up using a lot of mismatched sizes that don’t fit in the fridge that well.

I use what you use! But bento boxes are awesome!

We have Fitpacker containers from Amazon, I like them!

Today I cleaned out my fridge and organized it! I ordered some fridge organizers from Amazon, but until they get here I’m using these containers for easy to grab snacks. One for me and one for my bf.

I also made good use of a rotisserie chicken I bought earlier in the week! We ate 1 breast already, I turned the other into low carb kung pao chicken.

With the remaining chicken I made broth on the stove. After simmering for an hour or so I removed the chicken and added 6 dried chiles (3 different kinds) that I’d cut the stems off and shook out the seeds. After those were soft I blended until smooth in my Vita Mix with some of the broth. I picked the meat of the chicken from the bones. The broth and chicken are now in the freezer, awaiting to be made into Enchilada Soup in the next few days!

(Normally I make homemade enchilada sauce by toasting and grinding the chiles and adding them to a roux based sauce, but since I’m on keto didn’t want to use flour. Someone on FB suggested this method!)

6 Likes

That looks yummy! I wish I were at your table. :laughing:

1 Like

Oh, this is the kung pao chicken! I ate as-is but made some rice for the man!

5 Likes

@Caper Come on over! I suck at cooking for 2, too many years of cooking for 3 adults and 3 nephews! Always make too much. Luckily my bf will eat leftovers until they’re gone!

2 Likes

@MareMare - that looks so good! And I love premier protein, too!

1 Like

It’s on sale this month at Costco, I’ve bought 3 cases this month so far but want to grab 2 more before the sale is over. The peach isn’t as good as I hoped, I think I’ll try to turn it into ice cream!

1 Like

So what is everyone prepping today?

I plan to make:

Breakfast casserole
Hardboiled eggs
Yogurt and fruit parfaits (well, yogurt and fruit - I don’t get fancier than that)
White turkey chili for lunches
Chop veggies for snacking
2-ingredient bread (greek yogurt and self-rising flour)

and if I have time/inclination:
parmesan tilapia
masala chickpeas

The chickpeas are a new recipe, so we’ll see if I’m feeling it or not! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m waiting on new containers, so I’m only prepping one meal today, then everything else tomorrow. I don’t work, so I have the time. I’ll be making tofu with broccoli and rice and a garlic chili sauce to go with it. Tomorrow is Mexican rice with beans, taco pasta, and tofu with sesame noodles. Snacks will be oranges, blueberries and bananas. I’m a big fan of fruit over veggies. I might do all my overnight oats today too.