Mediterranean-Style Okra Recipe

For the past few years, my family has been growing okra and the only thing we have really done with it is to fry it up with garlic salt and smoked paprika. I really enjoy having fried okra but I wanted to find other ways to use it. I found this recipe Mediterranean-Style Okra Recipe| The Mediterranean Dish (the recipe is towards the end).

The first time I made this, it didn’t turn out so good. There was too much lime juice and tomatoes.

Too much tomatoes and lime juice.

The second time, I made a few change: two Bell peppers instead of jalapenos, diced Tomatoes instead of crushed, two teaspoons of ground allspice, 1 teaspoon of coriander, 1 teaspoon of paprika, and I added brown sugar (when I added the diced tomatoes).

This time, it tasted sooooo good! With a little bit too much brown sugar.

I would make this again with the changes I made! It was soooo good served with rice and naan bread!!!

10 Likes

Mmmm, this 2nd try was super yummy!

1 Like

Wow! This looks amazing. Way to tweak the recipe so it works better for you!

1 Like

Recipe tweakers have my total respect. This looks so tasty!

1 Like

It. Looks. Delicious!
Nom, nom, nom…
Is there really any such thing as too much brown sugar?

3 Likes

My mom made okra once when I was a kid. It was fairly slimy and rather unappealing. Since then, I’ve only ever had fried okra. I’m impressed with your initiative to find a recipe beyond fried okra and then your ability to change it up into a more palatable version. It looks and sounds quite tasty!

1 Like