Mega Scrap Busting Independence Day Garland

Everything but the star wreath frame is from stash. It is so satisfying to clear out weird old Christmas fabric, silver sequin, and blue sun bleached taffeta that I felt compelled to hoard.
I wanted two stars, one at the top of each post, but could not find star wreath frames anywhere on July 3rd, except this single Goodwill find.

Sorry, I forgot to take a picture before I hung the wreath.

22 Likes

This. IS. GLORIOUS!! So much scrappy amazingness. I’m in love.

3 Likes

Thank you! I already sorted a pile of orange, red, yellow, and purple to make an autumn garland. However, I am forcing myself to knock out some Christmas gifts first. My self-control is being tested. :laughing:

2 Likes

It came out so great! Best stash busting craft yet!

2 Likes

Now, this probably really busted some stash! Turned out so cute!

3 Likes

Scraptastic!

2 Likes

Fantabulous!

…I’m glad you’ve got the next one in the works :wink:

1 Like

It’s fabulous! What a fun way to dress up your house for the holiday!

1 Like

Thanks! I also plan to use it for my son’s graduation party since his school colors are red & blue. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Phenomenal! I love everything about this!

1 Like

:star: :us: :heart: Congratulations! Your Mega Scrap Busting Independence Day Garland is a Featured Project this week! :heart: :us: :star:

3 Likes

Awww…thank you!

Its great! What a fun way to use scraps!

1 Like

Love this SO much!!

1 Like

That is some iconic stash busting!

2 Likes

Wow, I love it, it looks fabulous

1 Like

I love this garland and the use of scraps to make something new and beautiful :heart: You did an amazing job!

1 Like

I saw this in the WIP board! It has more oomph to it… scrappy-shaggy! Closer to Christmas you’ll probably find more star stuff, although it is weird that there wasn’t one for the fourth.

1 Like