Mermaid Notebook

I got a little over ambitious when I started the next notebook. I wanted to do a mermaid. I started sketching her out and, well, it got overly complicated for paint pens. So, instead I decided to use one of the craft paper stickers @Kwality570 sent me.
I colored her in with Prismacolor pencils and sealed her with a matte clear coat. I am still debating on where to add a touch of glitter pen on top of it.
I found an image on Pinterest, it was a watercolor, and I adapted it to my style.

20 Likes

Iā€™m really loving this series of notebooks! She practically jumps off the cover.

2 Likes

deleted

@steiconi I will say that it takes a certain amount of bravery to put your artwork out there. And a certain amount of grace not to criticize others when they do.

1 Like

I love this! Itā€™s my favorite notebook youā€™ve done so far! And I think her tail is gorgeous! I meanā€¦ bumblebees shouldnā€™t be able to fly but they do. So why not a mermaid with unique fins?

1 Like

Thank you! Also, itā€™s stylized. I wasnā€™t going for realistic.

2 Likes

I love this! Incredible talent.

2 Likes

I was not criticizing the artwork, itā€™s very nicely done. I was just applying real world logic to a fantasy piece. Absurd, but not insulting.

1 Like

She is beautiful! I love everything about her.

It is definitely harder to interpret someoneā€™s intent when reading an internet message than when sitting across from them and looking into their eyes and hearing their tone of voice! I know @steiconi loves to toss out a humorous comment, and Iā€™m sure that was their intent (although the comment is gone, so I guess I canā€™t truly judge it.)

No one who looked at @gozerā€™s gorgeous artwork could possibly have anything truly negative to say about it!
:heart:

3 Likes

That was sweet. Thank you. :heartpulse:

2 Likes

I love all the little scaly dots, they would be the perfect place to apply a little glitter from your glitter pen. You did a great job on this and the Kraft paper really makes the design stand out!

1 Like

She is so cool! I can see her long tail fins just floating like a lovely long dress trainā€¦

1 Like

Sure love seeing the ā€œNotebook Seriesā€ā€¦each one is unique and enjoy the different ways you are doing themā€¦love the glitter tail on this one! Gorgeous!

2 Likes

Another beautiful ā€˜Gozer notebookā€™ :smiley:

1 Like

Gorgeous mermaid! I love the colors so much and they look great on the Kraft colored sticker paper.

1 Like

Also, theyā€™re not realā€¦so any interpretation is accurate!!!

3 Likes

Who said their not real?! :joy: Someone forgot to send me the email on that one! Next youā€™ll be telling me thereā€™s no Santa Claus! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

@gozer , i think itā€™s wonderful! I :heart:this so much! Mermaids are one of my favorite fantasy things. This is soooooo fantastical! I was so focused on how beautiful she is, i didnā€™t notice she was different. Just that she was a mermaid! Lol

1 Like

WOOHOO! Your sweet project is one of this weekā€™s Featured Projects! CONGRATS!

2 Likes

This is so pretty! Beautiful work!

1 Like