Mesh Earrings From Snaps

The safety pin jewelry made me think about what other vintage items I always seem to collect without meaning to, so I dug out a small number of old snaps and made a pair of earrings. They move really fluidly and catch light in unexpected ways.

23 Likes

Also awesome! Interesting use of snaps!

2 Likes

Oooh! I love these!

1 Like

Very cool! Never would have thought of trying it.

1 Like

These are very clever and lovely

1 Like

So interesting!
@Pigeon check these out!

@Lothruin, you could add a link to the necklace for future searchers of this topic who might not know about your pin project :wink:

1 Like

Thatโ€™s cool, I can imagine the fluid feeling of it.
I was thinking you could make them configurable by adding little beads or gems to the other part of the snap to click on them, but on second thought, I think the jump rings might be in the way.

1 Like

Very cool!

1 Like

Way cool! :star_struck:

1 Like

like chain mail! lovely.

1 Like

How creative! I love how your brain is rethinking these supplies! I bet that more people would not know they were seeing snaps than would with these and I find that especially cool!

1 Like

Itโ€™s super drapy! And yeah, the jump rings get in the way. Plus. These are actually made with both sides of the snaps, just turned so the bumpy bits are out. Also, similar but different sizes and types of snap, so it would be difficult to get them snapped to the correct other side.

1 Like

What a clever idea!!!

1 Like

Awesome!

I have in the past combined these little snaps with glass seed beads for multiple stringed necklaces.

1 Like

Oh, thatโ€™s fun!

1 Like

What an awesome piece of art ! Duh, never thought snaps could be earrings :smiley: maybe thats what my snaps wants to be, too !

1 Like

Today i was given the opportunity to rummage through some vintage craft supplies and i took all the snaps because of these earrings. I would have left them if it werenโ€™t for your inspiration!

2 Likes

Very cool!

1 Like

Thatโ€™s so cool! Canโ€™t wait to see what you do with them. I gravitate toward old sewing boxes at estate sales, so I always seem to have tons of vintage snap cards. Speaking of which, I fully intend to use old snap cards to display these. Lol

2 Likes