Micro knitting

Not too long ago, a friend asked if I’ve ever tried knitting something on a small scale.

Of course I had to make a reasonable attempt.
And yes, this project is done because I can’t continue…it’s just too darn small and fiddly to work on.
:laughing:

LETTUCE CRAFT NOTE: This project was crafted and donated to the Craft Stars Fundraiser! It is available via online auction until Saturday, February 8. For more information, please visit the auction listing. :two_hearts:

37 Likes

I love this so much! But seriously - how?!

3 Likes

Gobs of foolish patience and cussing, that’s how :wink:

If you decide to try this, be sure to file the pointy tips of the sewing pins to dull them :smiley:

5 Likes

Holy wow! So micro! Kudos for getting as far as you did!

2 Likes

That would make an amazing addition to a teeny weeny crafting scene!
There, now another friend has given you an irresistible suggestion :wink:

3 Likes

I did some of this years ago for a project teachers had for CAE. I did some on pins and others on toothpicks. I’ve seen tiny sweaters done with complete patterns!

4 Likes

Wow. This is amazing. I think dollhouse miniatures are fiddle. They don’t even come close to this! Well done.

3 Likes

Did you drink a nondescript bottle with a label that said “drink me” before knitting this? It’s so so unbelievably tiny! I’m extremely impressed :smile:

4 Likes

That is yarndarn awesome!

3 Likes

Oooh, that is a great idea! Thanks friend :smile:

I … LOVE … this

I’m a fan of miniatures, especially hand made ones!

1 Like

my eyes crossed just looking at this! Great work, you are a master of patience

1 Like

I would dearly love to put these in front of a tiny chipmunk in a rocking chair. those are TINNNEEEEE stitches!

:metal:

4 Likes

Ooh, with fuzzy yarn, no less! Impressive! :green_heart:

My grandmother used to do tiny favors for her Christian Women’s Club meetings, and everyone’s favorite set was tiny workbaskets with an empty creamer container for the basket, several balls of thread/yarn, & a tiny few rows of knitting on pins like this.

3 Likes

This, my friend, is mind blowing!

1 Like

Wow!!! Amazing. You definitely need to do something with it after all that effort!

1 Like

Oh wow! I can’t imagine how fiddly tiny knitting would be. But you were on a roll. Why’d you quit? I think you should continue on and make a tiny sweater. :rofl:

3 Likes

I enjoy how easy it is for you to volunteer your friend for further torture :wink:

7 Likes

Wow! I am both impressed and inspired. What did you use for your fuzzy yarn? I’ve contemplated trying this (apparently I share your insanity?) but was thinking a single strand of embroidery floss might be the way to go.

I hope your eyes and fingers have recovered from the endeavor!

1 Like

I’m trying to think of something to say. My mind is blown. This is… insane! All I can think is, “Girl, you are crazy!.” Bahahaha! Talk about challenge excepted. I keep staring at your pic. Wow.

2 Likes