Minecraft Glowstone Lamp Light Cover

We just finished this little project today!

My husband used one of his 3D printers and made 5 sides of a glowstone block.

Then he spray painted them black (could have used black filament, but we had gray :slight_smile: )

I took shrink dink material, figured out the grid and colors and colored it.

Glued the shrinky dink plastic to the inside of each panel.

Using magnets and screws, we attached to the light fixture.

Voila!

31 Likes

Lovely redstone lamp! :slight_smile: hopefully that’s a cool light or your shrinky dinks might eventually prove true to their purpose, but that is a really cool way to use them.

2 Likes

It’s an LED light, so I think we are good! And you are right, most know it as a redstone lamp :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah LED should be fine. I really do love it, and 3D printing the black lines is pretty clever. I have spent waaaay too much of my time in minecraft.

2 Likes

This is so fun. Now I want a 3D printer.

2 Likes

That is super impressive

2 Likes

Crazy how easily it is to get lost just mining or building something! I go in spurts - but when I do play, my daughter (21) usually gets on the server and builds her house, I build mine and then we build a roller coaster between the two… THEN we can build all the other things ! LOL

Be careful! I bought my hubby one for our anniversary 3 years ago, now he has 2 of them plus a resin printer… it can be addicting! :smiley:

Thanks so much!

3 Likes

Really, really well done. I love how well the colors come through when lit.

2 Likes

That’s really impressive and I like how it was a joint effort.

2 Likes

Love this! I don’t even play Minecraft (although I do play Terraria, which is pretty close) and I still really appreciate the video game look to it, plus it’s just pretty in its own right! Excellent work!

3 Likes

This is brilliant, both in process and final product. Love it.

2 Likes

This is awesome! I have a 12 year old boy, something like this would be so cool in his room. I don’t have a 3D printer but could probably come up with another approach…

2 Likes

Awesome execution!

2 Likes

baby.sweets4ever (now 11 :rofl:) told me to tell you he LOVES it!

He has two torch lights the Easter bunny brought him years ago, but this is so.much.better.

2 Likes

I wanted a 3D printer orrrrr a laser printer (big dream) for Christmas, but it couldn’t happen this one. Maybe in a few years! Please keep sharing your projects. Excited to see them.

2 Likes

Wow, this is amazing! And how fun that you got to do a joint project with your husband.

2 Likes

Yes! This! Before we had this all glued together, I kept putting it up to the light to see through it. I think its sooo pretty!

That’s the very best part! I have an amazing hubby!

I played it for a bit, but minecraft won my heart in this type of game :slight_smile: Thanks so much!

Thanks so very much! I think my hubby is going to share the project with his 3d printer group.

I’m sure you can come up with something similar! I’d love to see the final project once you figure it out!

Thanks so much!

YES! No better compliment than that!

YES! I want a laser cutter now! :smiley:

Looking forward to combining my crafts/art with his 3d printing and making! :smiley:

3 Likes

Responding to nine different people in one post, clearly you have set a new bar. I am impressed. :star_struck:

2 Likes

Amazing work of art! It is both awesome and functional.

2 Likes

Hahaha :joy: I just really like to respond when people are kind enough to to leave comments :woman_shrugging:

Thanks so very much!!

1 Like