Mini Book & Paper Embellishments

I was partners with @Smmarrt in the Paper and Mixed Media Embellishment Swap. I tried out some new-to-me techniques, and had a blast getting creative and messy.

First up is a mini book I made and filled with random embellishments and ephemera - some handmade and some from my stash.

Some different background papers I stamped, inked, painted, used texture pastes, etc.

And some more mixed media handmade items - the birds and faces are free-handed, but I used a set of Dina Wakley stamps as a reference for the birdies:

embell5

The flowers on the last one are fabric I cut out and added to painted backgrounds.

Thanks for looking!

9 Likes

You definitely knocked it out of the park with the variety…and got a lot into that little journal!

I love the fabric flowers! Did you use bits of ribbon on the cover at the spine?

1 Like

Thank you!!! Yep! I just sewed two pieces of ribbon to two pieces of corrugated cardboard to make the cover, leaving a small gap between cover pieces so there was space for the signatures. So simple!

1 Like

@LovelyMiss - Every time I flip thru the journal, I find new things! Thanks so much!

2 Likes

This is packed with awesome! The Monopoly money really emphasizes how small it is! You got so much in there! I really love the stamped birds and the circles.

2 Likes

Amazing the breadth of creativity you managed to squeeze into such a small space! My eyes don’t know where to look next; all so awesome!

2 Likes

Thank you for all the kindness, everyone!

Such a wonderful collection of stuff you made!
I love all of it.

1 Like