Mini Silver Book Necklace

This mini book necklace was made for @Bunny1kenobi, to match the pearl bracelet.

I know she loves jewelry and miniatures (something I don’t have a whole lot of experience with), so I wanted to make something that would combine the two. She had pinned this beautiful piece, and I used that for inspiration. I’ve made tiny book pendants before, but the closure on this one was something new.

The beads are freshwater potato pearls, faceted clear quartz, and some random silver beads I had in my stash. The leather has a dark, silver finish. The paper is hand-torn for a soft edge, bound with gray, waxed Irish linen thread. I underestimated how much paper I was tearing up, so I made a total of five little books, in various colors, that I’ll find some use for eventually.

16 Likes

I love this so much! Your work is exquisite!! Thank you!!

2 Likes

Sooooo tiny and detailed! And you’ve hit the triad for her: jewelry, minis, and books!

5 Likes

Absolutely!!

2 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous!

3 Likes

Lovely soft colors!

3 Likes

Love these! The mini books look so well made. They look great with the pearls!

3 Likes

Absolutely lovely. I love the color palette.

3 Likes

Thank you all so much!

2 Likes

It looks so fancy and elegant. I love it. Beautifully done, and I love books so that is an added plus. i know @Bunny1kenobi does too. Fantastic work.

2 Likes

That is way cool!

2 Likes

Well done!

2 Likes

Your wraps are just so beautifully done…and the closure is my favorite part…such a lovely detail…I am sure that it is well loved by your partner…so personal and special!

2 Likes