Pearl and Crystal Bracelet

I made this bracelet for @Bunny1kenobi in the IYP swap. She’s received now, so I can give it its own post.

She had this gorgeous bracelet pinned, and I tried to make something visually similar.

I used two sizes of freshwater potato pearls and some small, faceted clear quartz beads. The metal is sterling silver. (I have a nickel allergy, so silver is the only metal I keep around for jewelry making. It’s soft and easy to work with, and I do less damage to the beads when I’m wrapping the wire.) I had to replace the cheap clasp that came on the bracelet because it was damaged. Unfortunately, all I had was a tiny lobster clasp on hand. I would have liked something larger and easier to handle (sorry, Bunny, feel free to swap it out if you’d like).

It really went together quickly. I had a lot of beads left over, so I might make one for myself (I do love pearls!).

In-process:

18 Likes

WOWEE! This is so pretty and so detailed! EEP!

4 Likes

It is so very beautiful and I love it!! Thank you so very much!!

3 Likes

Oooh, beautiful! I really really want to touch it and play with it, I love these dangly bracelets!

4 Likes

Beautiful job!

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Elegant and beautiful.

2 Likes

It is gorgeous!

2 Likes

You’ve done an absolutely stunning job with this, the wire wrapping is superb. Having tried that a few times I know just how difficult it can be to maintain symmetry and evenness but everything I can see here is perfect. The pairing of pearls with sterling and faceted crystal was such a lovely choice.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

It’s mostly the wire. It’s so soft that it’s easy to manipulate. I’ve worked with harder brass wire/findings and really struggled with it, often just cutting it and starting over.

2 Likes

It’s beautiful!

2 Likes

I rarely make jewelry because I struggle with wire wrapping…you did such a beautiful job and the tip to use silver is appreciated…I also have a nickel sensitivity…

Love how you used a mix of the crystals and pearls…just beautiful!

2 Likes

:fireworks: Hot dog! :hotdog: Your super cool project is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :fireworks:

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

This is beautiful! :white_heart: I used to work in a jewelry store and I can easily imagine this in the display case, and it’s prettier than most of the pearl jewelry we sold :smile:

(and PS - I don’t usually like pearl jewelry :wink: so it gets extra points from me :smile:)

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

This is so delicate and beautiful!

2 Likes

This is gorgeous! What a beautiful bracelet.

2 Likes