Miniature Make a Friend Gallery

I hadn’t, but of course it is :heart_eyes: Makes it even more special

2 Likes

beautiful fairy, @Ewulotta!! and not that it matters, but i loooooooooooooove ritter sport chockies!! i am guessing that they are the same ones we can get here (but with english writing), if so, that coconut one is my hands down favourite and i SEARCH for it like i am possessed when i find them in store (not all stores carry all the million flavours!!) and then i “try” to ration it…lolz. the cornflake one is pretty tasty too!!

also…i received the most amazing package from @curiousfae today!!! which definitely has improved the miserable week i am having!! i hope i arranged everything artfully enough to keep the swears to a dull roar (i haven’t figured out how to blur stuff yet…)

THOSE MAGNETS!!! they are THE BEST!!! and will live on my fridge in infamy!! i love them!! (really i love EVERYTHING, but yes. they are very ME…)

thank you @curiousfae for the most AMAZING package!! and i cannot wait to dive into that yarn…just need to figure out the perfect thing to knit!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

7 Likes

Yay! @mel From one potty mouth to another…it was so effing fun to craft for you!

4 Likes

@MightyMitochondria - the knot bag is lovely and I like the fabric. I also LOVE the woodgrain fabric. I always buy woodgrain when I find it. It’s too cool to pass up. The goose badge is aawesome too.

@saintcady - The frog is hilarious. I was wondering how you made it. It’s so vibrant, I almost thought it was playdoh. The heart is cool. That DNA model is insane!!!

@Ewulotta - The wool fairy is absolutely beautiful! On eof my friends would LOVE that. I may have to try to recreate something like it for her Christmas present. Love a mug rug and the fabric is perfect for a tea addict.

@curiousfae - Those magnets are stunning! The background is extremely cool. Are they metallic? Love them! The oven mitt is hilarious.

1 Like

Fantastic stuff here! I love that there are inside jokes between the pairs. So fun!

2 Likes

I’m so glad that you and @curiousfae found so much in common! That makes my hosting heart so very happy! Great package!

2 Likes

@Whistlefish and I were paired up and we had so much fun getting to know each other. Then she actually stalked my house (what an amazingly thoughtful idea!). So she made my house! I love it, and it will look amazing on our new porch.

And then she added a little camping mug rug. It brings back memories of lying under the stars in August with the breeze sweeping through the trees.

Thank you so much, these are treasures.

10 Likes

These are both just so thoughtful and so lovely.

1 Like

good job on the matches, that is for sure!! and not just our match!!! everyone seems so well suited for partners!!! its like you just KNEW!!

2 Likes

I second that comment - @Ewulotta and I have found we have so much in common!!

4 Likes

@whistlefish, this is a spectacularly special package! As always, you go above and beyond. It’s precious and beautiful.

2 Likes

Sit back…ya’ll in for a visual treat! I was partnered with @marionberries and she spoiled me (but really us…since she made stuff for the kiddos too!).

First up…a picture of everything altogether: (cat tail included for a bonus)

I requested a quilty thing and she delivered! A little table runner for my desk upstairs in grays and blues.

And she even used some leftover pieces to make a pincushion (which I also mentioned as a possible want.)

And she sent a prayer flag with a bird which I love

Just look at it close up: So pretty!

But wait! That’s not all! She included some stuffies for the kids! Whaaa?

Here’s a little panda and he’s holding a heart!

But the heart can be taken off! Ahh!

This guy’s a favorite around here already. My husband is trying to claim him for himself. He has been named Grumby and he makes us all giggle a bit whenever we look at him. Hehehe…

So yea…spoiled for sure. Thanks for partnering up with me @marionberries! I love everything!!

5 Likes

@jemimah and I sent just a day a part and her package “won” the travel award for fastest!

I really enjoyed reading the letter, I feel like I learned so much more about you!

Look, a beautiful hummingbird watercolor!

One of her cute panda paintings as an extra, and one of her sewn bookmarks as her about me!

I love it all! Now, I need to get more frames so I can proudly hang them!

Thank you for being a wonderful partner!

9 Likes

Yay! I’m so glad you like everything!

Goodness me, I am so behind on this beautiful gallery …

@MightyMitochondria - beautiful sewing in the mask and knot bag! The evil goose badge is hilarious!

@saintcady - what a cool set of stuff! That DNA model is so clever and looks amazing too!

@Ewulotta - wonderful parcel! the wool fairy is really pretty, and the Cologne Cathedral mug rug is fab!

@curiousfae - super fun package! the artwork on the magnets has such fabulous colours and textures!

@Whistlefish - the house hanging and mug rug are gorgeous! so detailed and thoughtful!

@marionberries - what a gorgeous haul of sewn goodies! all beautiful, I’m in love with the little panda!

5 Likes

@jemimah, what cute drawings, that hummer is beautiful. And I love the little fish tag. yum

@Whistlefish, I love making the Fluffmonger critters. I actually just modified the polar bear pattern for both, lazy I guess. Both were prompted by kids (I can’t resist) and a lucky find in my stash of the hairy type. Both the panda (I had found the fleece a while ago) and the puppy fabric were real surprises, I have no memory of when or where the fabric appeared. Donations likely, but when and from who?

I am glad you all love them all. Hug a panda or puppy for me.

3 Likes

@marionberries, you are such a kind soul! I just love everything you sent to @whistlefish! I am so envious of the pretty bird prayer flag. The table runner is stunning and beautiful colors! The furry friends are so sweet. What a great all-around package! :heart:

So much great stuff! The heart holding stuffies are super cute, that hummingbird painting is beeeeeautiful, I’m am over-the-top impressed by the quilting and stitching projects, and the wool fairy makes me want to reach through the screen to touch. What amazing packages :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Fantastic packages! You guys rocked it.

Love the house idea @Whistlefish. So personalized and clever!

@marionberries those stuffies are adorable!

@jemimah your watercolors are so beautiful! You inspire me to want to learn more.

2 Likes

I received the most beautiful package from @Raury!!

The Sea shells in pink are the portion of her she shared. I also love pink and collect shells, its perfect!

Then for me are 2 crochet dish clothes. BUT she felt those are something I like but not really for me, soooo she whipped up some ever so soft fingerless mitts in cotton so they can be worn all year!

I so enjoyed getting to know my new friend during this swap!!!

7 Likes