Miniature Make a Friend Gallery

Wow, I’m not normally a pink person, but the cross-stitched shells are just beautiful and I love the fingerless gloves are gloriously beautiful! @raury, what is the stitch you used? I’m not sure I’ve ever seen it before – it looks somewhat like an alligator stitch, but not quite.

Love it all!

Beautiful. The cross stitch captures the delicacy of the shells and those mitts are so soft looking. Yum.

@Whistlefish And here’s the model for the wall hanging. You captured it perfectly. I really wish we had a dormer over our front door, so I’ll just live in your version of the house.

Solar panels are on. There are inspections and approvals and then the final switch over to wait for. And then there is the box that we had to sign a form saying “we will not touch…ever!”. :dizzy_face:

That’s Oskar on the front stoop surveying his world. Felix isn’t allowed out so he surveys from the windows.

6 Likes

Finally I’ve found time to take pictures of the whole lot that @seeuudee sent me.
It was all so beautifully wrapped

She made a bag from an old suit because she likes sewing and making bags and recycling. It came wrapped in a part of an old sari scarf that she also used for lining the bag. Isn’t that pretty?

And she made this amazing hoopla inspired by my pinterest boards. It’s so beautiful and so me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And there were of course the letter and some extras

Thank you @seeuudee for being my swap partner. As you said before it was a perfect match! I’m already looking forward to the day when we meet in real :slight_smile:

5 Likes

lovely bag and lined with a sari, so luxurious! And the hoop is so sweet. Lovely package.

Such a pretty package of pink and white @Raury! beautifully stitched shells!

That floral hoop is gorgeous @seeuudee! and the recycled bag is fab!

So glad everything arrived. It’s been great getting to know you.

@Ewulotta - so happy to hear you liked everything. I had so much fun watching and reading tutorials on felt flowers. And I have to admit to a little moment of not wanting to send the bag :roll_eyes: I never really know how they are going to come out, I usually just start cutting into the suit and see where it goes. I always love the sleeve cuff pockets though :smiley:

And catching up on earlier posts…

Those pink sea shells are just gorgeous and I love the pink fingerless mitts, they look so soft

And wow, that hummingbird painting, it is stunning

The cute little stuffies are just adorable and I love the table runner - the colours are lovely and the stitching is immaculate

This gallery is full of inspiration, so many amazing things

2 Likes

Love that bag! I cut up several of my suits when I left the big city corporate world…you are an inspiration!

1 Like

I received an armload of mail from @Lynx - at last!! It was such a pleasure to see everything she made for me, and read her wonderful letter.

Here’s the haul all together…

She sent a bunch of her gorgeous photography cards, a hilarious mask card, long letter (such pretty handwriting!) and not one but three watercolour pieces, each very personal :heart:

Here’s a closer look at the fabulous cards (squirrel!)

I was so touched to receive some her watercolour work, especially the portrait of our dear wicket. I think you really captured the different colours in his fur and his goofy expression Lynx! I will treasure this :sparkles: :rainbow:

I’m so glad I joined in this swap - thank you so much!!

5 Likes

Got me a bit teary-eyed to see the watercolor of a beloved dog…

Lovely capture of the spirit that still lives on…

The notecards of wildlife are becoming a staple…I am hesitant to use mine (selfish me wants to keep them all!), but I have some friends who would truly enjoy hearing from me and so I will be sharing mine…nice swap…

1 Like

I received a great package from @Bugaboo and had fun getting to know her. First picture shows an awesome knitting bag that she used to make to support herself through uni, though now will only make as a hobby :kissing_heart: and a mask to match, I only use reusable masks so I love this.

And the inside of the bag which has a see through pouch and another section

And a rug hooking kit. I wanted to learn how to do this and so did Steph so she got each of us a kit to make together.

Thanks for a great swap!

6 Likes

Wow, that is a great bag! Gorgeous fabrics too!

The watercolour of Wicket is just beautiful and I love all the photo cards, especially the squirrel.

I love the bag, both external and internal fabrics are gorgeous. It is a long time since I have had a go at rug hooking - I love the design

1 Like

After a bit of a snag, my package from @mel has arrived from Canada!
(The photos aren’t the best because I’ve rushed it to post ASAP. Sorry Mel!)

With her mad knitting skills she has made me two beautiful pieces: this adorable pot holder in lovely greens and a beautiful scarf in my very favorite colors of pinks and blues. It’s so nice and airy. A really nice pattern executed beautifully.
She also added a recipe and candy!
I have yet to read the letter but I can guarantee y’all that it’ll be funny and thoughtful as she has been a really great person to meet and chat with. I honestly believe that if (and maybe when?) we meet up we would hit off like long lost (partners in crime?) friends. Thank you so much for your diligence and sending both packages Mel.

6 Likes

That scarf is so lovely - what a fantastic package

Such a wonderful and thoughtful package! I’m sure you’ll enjoy wearing that lovely scarf.

yay!! i’m glad you like it and that not only did package #2 make it to you, but that wayward package #1 made it back.

xo

1 Like

What a lovely scarf! Are those dropped stitched? The pattern looks challenging!

You had to send out twice? oh geez…glad at least one made it to your partner!

1 Like

thank you - and i couldnt NOT send…because, you know, that would suck.

they are dropped stitches…lovely pattern that uses two contrasting colours for an amazing effect, but i made it with one ball of yarn. just looked at what i printed and i neglected to include the pattern title. lemme go reset my rav password…lolz.

here it is: the van gogh shawl.

1 Like