Miniatures/Dolls House Craftalong

Would anyone be interested in a Miniatures craftalong like we had at the other place? I am currently working on a miniature and plan several more for the coming months. Will post pics soon.

8 Likes

I would! I know @MissingWillow would too.

3 Likes

Sounds fabulous!

2 Likes

Yes, please!
Iā€™m not terribly proficient at miniatures but I love seeing what everyone else is up to :smiley:

4 Likes

I want to redo the dollhouse I did on the old siteā€¦it is just not me anymoreā€¦I actually thought about throwing it out when I moved, but I had an idea in my head on how I could repurpose itā€¦I would be interestedā€¦and learning more about miniatures is always something I enjoyā€¦I think I will find a place I can set it up to keep working on itā€¦love to see all of the miniatures @Ludiā€¦missed seeing you around, glad you are here!

3 Likes

There was a miniature craft along at the old site?

I have recovered my childhood dollhouse and it needs fixing up. Itā€™s a small dollhouse. I could use a craftalong for motivation.

4 Likes

I have one of those glorious-looking mini room kits that my husband got for me last Christmas (ie, 2018) and I still havenā€™t done any more than opened the box & stared at itā€¦

4 Likes

204 pages of glorious miniatures in fabulous wee houses! @Knickertwist started that brilliant topic back in 2011. It was epic.

And yes @Ludi, I sure would be interested!

5 Likes

Yes! :smiley:

4 Likes

Ahemā€¦ I beg to differ.

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

The original was started by @Knickertwist Iā€™ve had some stuff to start a new one if sheā€™s not inclined lined up but I got sick. Itā€™s a good idea though.

3 Likes

Me too! I adore looking at them, could gawk all day, but have never actually built one myself. I made @kittykill a few littles for her birthday a few years ago, which can be seen here. Someday Iā€™m going to make a mini house, I love them.

1 Like

My advice is, donā€™t start with a house, start with a vignette, just a corner of a room or part of a garden, something like that. An entire house is too daunting, and in my opinion, just asking to be started and not finished.

Hereā€™s one I made years ago, a garden gate in 1/2" scale:

9 Likes

Iā€™ve started one, Iā€™ve still got a lot more to add to the resources but Iā€™m still kinda sick and need a nap, SO.

Go forth and enjoy?

1 Like

I am interested. I have three dollhouses , from a small two roomed one I had in high school to a five roomed house and finally a very large one that the kids are currently playing with. I have lots of opportunities for projects, and need to keep things on a tighter budget. :wink:

Itā€™s good to see your face around here again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Apparently Iā€™ve taken a hankerinā€™ to miniatures lately. I absolutely, 100% blame MW. But more about that another day. :upside_down_face:

Iā€™d love to give it a try! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m in! Iā€™ve got at least two roomboxes to finish by my mini clubā€™s show in October.

1 Like

Official Wee Craftalong! Wee House Craftalong

2 Likes

You album of crafts was so cool! I adored what you made for @kittykillā€¦it was perfectā€¦the teeny tiny stack of fabrics made me suck in my breath!

1 Like