Miniatures/Dolls House Craftalong

I have one of those glorious-looking mini room kits that my husband got for me last Christmas (ie, 2018) and I still haven’t done any more than opened the box & stared at it…

4 Likes

204 pages of glorious miniatures in fabulous wee houses! @Knickertwist started that brilliant topic back in 2011. It was epic.

And yes @Ludi, I sure would be interested!

5 Likes

Yes! :smiley:

4 Likes

Ahem… I beg to differ.

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

The original was started by @Knickertwist I’ve had some stuff to start a new one if she’s not inclined lined up but I got sick. It’s a good idea though.

3 Likes

Me too! I adore looking at them, could gawk all day, but have never actually built one myself. I made @kittykill a few littles for her birthday a few years ago, which can be seen here. Someday I’m going to make a mini house, I love them.

1 Like

My advice is, don’t start with a house, start with a vignette, just a corner of a room or part of a garden, something like that. An entire house is too daunting, and in my opinion, just asking to be started and not finished.

Here’s one I made years ago, a garden gate in 1/2" scale:

9 Likes

I’ve started one, I’ve still got a lot more to add to the resources but I’m still kinda sick and need a nap, SO.

Go forth and enjoy?

1 Like

I am interested. I have three dollhouses , from a small two roomed one I had in high school to a five roomed house and finally a very large one that the kids are currently playing with. I have lots of opportunities for projects, and need to keep things on a tighter budget. :wink:

It’s good to see your face around here again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Apparently I’ve taken a hankerin’ to miniatures lately. I absolutely, 100% blame MW. But more about that another day. :upside_down_face:

I’d love to give it a try! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m in! I’ve got at least two roomboxes to finish by my mini club’s show in October.

1 Like

Official Wee Craftalong! Wee House Craftalong

2 Likes

You album of crafts was so cool! I adored what you made for @kittykill…it was perfect…the teeny tiny stack of fabrics made me suck in my breath!

1 Like

I have that little set displayed in my craft room. The rug is such the best.

1 Like

I remember stitching furiously on the train on the way to Portland and binding the edges in the hotel room trying desperately to get it done before we went to lunch, lol… persistence!! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh man, I loved that stack of fabric so much!! These little items remain among my favorite things I’ve ever made even all these years later. :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

This is adorable!! Did you make all the tiny veg & apples too?

Yes I made all the parts.

3 Likes

Incredible!

1 Like