Mixed media anatomical heart cards

I think this is my first completed project topic in the papercraft section. I carve stamps from time to time, but most of them end up in swap packages or in plastic boxes in the woods (in my Letterboxes). If I sit down to actually craft with paper and stamps it’s either for a swap, or because I need an emergency label or greeting card :sweat_smile: These were made for @Mvanrh11 in the stationery swap.

I made the heart stamp several years ago, and was inspired to try printing on book pages from a pin on my swap partners pinterest.

Here’s how the finished cards turned out. The book pages are from an old readers digest book that I rescued from going into the trash, and if I remember correctly the story on these pages is about a heart surgeon.

Next, I received some assistance. There’s a fun technique for stamping with water based markers that will give a watercolour-ish look.

You draw on the stamp, and then breathe out on it before stamping to make sure the ink is still moist enough to print. It’s also possible to add extra water before stamping, but I like the effect with just colouring the stamp. I learned to use markers from the tutorial pages on Atlasquest (a letterbox community)

Now, with that nice rainbow I wanted to add something extra to make it pop. I decided to try to make a yarn fringe. This kind of fringe is called ”kavelfrans”, and it really needs two people to make. I somehow managed a short one with just two hands instead of four.

Not the best picture of the finished card. I brushed out the fringe with a small slicker brush before assembling the card.

Bonus body part cards:

The last two cards I made is sharpie on my good stamping paper. Not as anatomically correct, but still fun to show that we all look different. The right card was flower inspired, so even less anatomically correct…

Check out the gallery for more pretty stationery:

8 Likes

amazing stamp! love stamped images on book pages.

1 Like

That heart stamp is wonderful! You made wonderful cards with it!

1 Like

Love that stamp! I’m amazed that you can get such a different result by just inking it differently. Very cool book pages and cards!

1 Like

Wow, incredible stamp carving! You got skillz.

1 Like

I especially like the hearts on the book pages and your stamp is really well done!

1 Like