Mixed Media Galentine’s Cards

I made these cards for the recent Galentine’s swap . I decided to use them as an opportunity to break into the small fabric hoard I came into last year (long story), so the fabric was the starting point for the collage clusters. I just sort of played around with various bits and bobs I’d had floating in stash for a while – many from happy mail/swap packages, so thanks!

And thanks for looking!

Edited 2/14: I ended up making one more. The leafy focal point on this one is by @jemimah.

16 Likes

These are so much fun! And now I’ve got some inspiration for all my little fabric scraps… :thinking:

1 Like

I am loving your collages cards. The little circles are the perfect accents.

1 Like

“Controlled mayhem”; I love it! Fun set of cards.

2 Likes

I love the addition of fabric. It added a cool texture to them. My favorite is the green plant one, but they are all neat. Great compositions for them. And the white circles add visual interest without distraction.

1 Like

I really love the background black circles. They set a nice “boundary” for the focal collage and I love the way they peek out. You balanced the collage elements nicely, too, not an easy task!

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! Especially about the background pattern. I’m particularly proud of it because it represents that for once I thought ahead about having something behind the collage pieces before I stuck them down :laughing:.

6 Likes

I wish I’d thought of it for some recent collage cards I made…stealing.

2 Likes

I have one I have one I have one!

2 Likes

Me too! Me too! Me too! :grin:

The fabric is really a fun touch.

1 Like

These look great! I love the mix of textures and colours, really cool!