MLB Dodgers Pot Holders for a Friend

One of our friends is a big Dodgers fan and has recently gotten back into cooking as he has a new living situation with a better kitchen and better roommate. I decided to get some Dodgers fabric and make him some pot holders.

I went back and forth about quilting them with some kind of baseball theme. I’m not skilled at precise quilting and certainly don’t have any specialty tools, but I took a chance knowing I could make more as I have plenty of fabric left over. Circles are hard! It was important to me that they be well done since it is for someone else. I’m really tickled with how they turned out! I went much more slowly than I usually do with free-form quilting on pot holders and it paid off.

JuanDodgers02

As usual, they are backed with quilted Insulbrite and have a layer of cotton batting inside (hence the quilting to keep it in place). I did not include hanging loops, because they have a specific design going on in their kitchen and it isn’t Sportsball. :rofl:

JuanDodgers03

Now I have to decide if I am going to save them for his birthday or just send them now for funsies.

10 Likes

I love the way you quilted these! It’s so clever and fun. You did such a neat job. Circles are not easy when sewing. Taking your time really paid off!

2 Likes

The ball-shaped quilting was the first thing that caught my eye, so my hat is off to you for that fun little detail. I’m sure your friend will love these!

1 Like

Thanks, pals! I almost chickened out and did a “home plate” shape. I am so glad I just took my time to get a good result!

You free from quilted these! Amazing. I am impressed. They look awesome.

1 Like

Aw, thanks! I traced around a circle that I cut with a die and then slowwwwwly followed that line.

You can tell you really took your time to make sure they were well done. I’ve never seen a baseball shape in quilting, and you did a superb job with it!

1 Like

You’ve created yet another thoughtful gift! It’s really neat that you customized them with both his favorite team and the quilted baseball design (which looks superb!). I hope your friend gets a ton of use out of these!

1 Like

Thanks so much everyone! I feel more and more glad that I went the extra inning to make them special. :wink:

1 Like

Great job! The ability to go slowly, i envy you. I’m like RACING DOWN THE BACKSTRETCH… :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Thanks! I couldn’t have done it if there were much more surface area!

Thoughtful re-House warmer.

Thank you.

Lovely job on that quilting! I bet he’s going to be thrilled with these.

1 Like

Thank you! He’ll be tickled to have been thought of and is someone who appreciated a handmade gift.

1 Like

How cool! The quilting is what makes it extra-special; love it!

1 Like

That quilting is just soo cool! I doubt I’d have gotten a circle so perfect.

1 Like

Awwww, thanks everyone!

@Abbeeroad I ended up using a pencil in one color and a pen in another to draw a circle I could see across the print!

1 Like