Moomin Hoop for LGT 2 Swap

My partner for the Little Good Things Swap Round 2 was @fluffypants and she loves Moomin! This was my second attempt at a hoop but I think it turned out pretty darn cute; who can resist Moomin? It was super fun to make and I learned lots along the way. I definitely want to make more hoops so I’ll be on the look out for upcoming hoop swaps!

31 Likes

I :heart: Moomin too!!!

This is so cute! I love the yellow background and the Moomin is absolutely adorable! :heart: :heart: :heart:

2 Likes

Thanks! I had the yellow fabric in my stash and had never used it, but I thought it would give a nice sunny days vibe to the project.

1 Like

I love hoops like this…the background in fabric really opens up possibilities…the sunny yellow is a happy color, just like the Moomin! The flowers were a nice touch as well…I love the round purple one.

1 Like

This is so cheery! Love the yellow fabric and the embroidered flowers.

2 Likes

That is such a happy hoop! Great work!

2 Likes

What a cute, fun and cheery hoop! Great work!

2 Likes

I’m familiar with Moomin by name only, but he sure is cute!

1 Like

Thanks ladies!

I was only vaguely familiar with him but he is super cute and making this made me want a Moomin hoop of my own! So who knows, maybe there’s a second Moomin hoop in my future!

2 Likes

awww, i haven’t’ seen Moomin items in so long!!! and smootchin the heart! squee!!! Your hoop makes me happy!!

i appreciate you used printed fabric for the background. great job.

:metal:

2 Likes

So stinking cute! Great job!

1 Like

Adorable! I love the combination of felt and embroidery - it makes the idea of a hoop seem less intimidating.

2 Likes

Thanks! I love the look of felt characters on hoops, and I thought it would be perfect for Moomin.

1 Like

He is just the cutest, and will be getting a place of honour in my craft room when I get home! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So glad you like it! I hope he always brings a smile to your face. :blush:

1 Like

Moomin! It’s fantastic…the background fabric, your embroidery and felt applique…everything about it is great!

2 Likes

Awesome Moomin hoopla! So cheerful and joyous! Every detail is perfection.

1 Like

Thanks @loves2experiment and @Jeanne! You ladies are too kind!

1 Like

How cute! Your Moomin is so great! I fell in love with the Moomin when I visited Helsinki a couple years ago… there’s a Moomin Store! I got souvenirs for friends and family there and then found Moomin toothpaste for my foreign toothpaste collection!

1 Like

He’s certainly a love able little character!