Mousy Python & the Holey Snail, Needle Felting

Too icky outside to get proper photos. I want to redo the “chainmail cowl” given that I was working with defective needles.
These are now officially my son’s favorites.

41 Likes

Had to find two twigs with just the right curvature. :wink:

10 Likes

NO WAY! This is the coolest thing I have ever seen
I have officially died of cuteness overload, bury me in satin

5 Likes

Ni! Ni!

How utterly silly! I love it!

2 Likes

I have no words for how epic this is!

2 Likes

So cute! Holey snail… hahaha!

2 Likes

I’m officially dead from this perfect rendering. You’ve outdone yourself yet again!

3 Likes

Absolutely amazing!!

2 Likes

They are awesome!
You have amazing skills and creativity. I love your work.

2 Likes

Why do you do this to me? Why oh why? Dead from the cuteness and content of this project. DEAD!

4 Likes

ACORN SHELL COCONUTS!! Even the expressions on their faces are perfect. Yes, this is the new favorite.

3 Likes

Hahahahaha this is fantastic!!! Soooooo perfect!!!

2 Likes

This is so cool, I had to call my husband over to show him!
So perfect!
I don’t remember the snail from the movie ( :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:), but I love his curvy shell.

2 Likes

My goodness these are ridiculously adorable!

2 Likes

Patsy with his coconuts for the win! I don’t think I could love this more.
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

3 Likes

Thank you everyone!!!

This is one of those projects that sort of grew as it went along. Snail was the last part because I was looking for something that would rhyme with grail, but would be more “logical” for a mouse world.

I discovered the need for a very large popup mouse background book for when I have to take photos inside. Just open the book and tada we’re in a forest, or hanging out in a field with a castle in the distant background - whatever the need. Then, when the photoshoot is completed, close the book and put it away. Instead I just had some fiber packaging forms.

Got knitting needles today so I will redo the chainmail cowl and hope to get some better photos! :mouse: :mouse: :snail: :coconut:

5 Likes

My husband is a huge Monthy fan and thought these were great.

2 Likes

This is a brilliant spiral-bound book idea - just a bunch of scenes and backdrops to prop open and stand up, either for miniature photography or as settings for dolls, storytelling, and the like.

Though the background you created really did work perfectly! I didn’t even notice what it was!

2 Likes

In my previous studio, I had a canvas printed up of a copyright free landscape image that was very subtle/misty to use as a background on some shots. That was a nice thing to have. Of course that was all lost. I had a very nice photograph set up directly behind my work table which was ideal when I was creating classes and needed to photograph all the steps involved.

I don’t have that anymore, but my son and his friends (who love to play rpg & board games) recently installed this H U G E table into the living room (5.5’ x 11’ and standing height - was a work table for a leather worker or something of the sort) which I used for these photos. The lighting we have in the living room worked a lot better than I anticipated.

It may be time to haul out my better camera & tripod and see how that works.

Got new knitting needles so I can redo the cowl today and cook a turkey. :wink:

8 Likes

I think I might die of cuteness overload! They’re perfect! I love Monty Python and you captured it beautifully. The snail is a nice touch, too. It reminds me of medieval books - the margin illustrations used to often include knights fighting snails.

3 Likes