Mousy Python & the Holey Snail, Needle Felting

Fantastic! Will there be more of this set? :laughing:

2 Likes

That’s a great post, thanks for the link!

3 Likes

`This is amazing!!! I think it’s your best one yet!

2 Likes

These are absolutely astoundingly awesome. It is the perfect trifecta of cute, punny, and fandom. Well done.

2 Likes

These are now officially my favorites!

2 Likes

I adore your work! .is the chainmail just big knitted loops? clever!

2 Likes

How do you keep making these cuter and cuter? They are insane!

2 Likes

This whole little scene makes me sigh with happiness. I feel like I’ve fallen into my childhood, watching little anthropomorphic creatures come alive from your imagination. Each one is always better than the last, because each one seems So.Real., @Harlan.

The repurposing of items is beyond clever. And the fiber chainmail is wonderful. The bedroll, hobby horse, armour, and THE SNAIL. I can’t wait to see your project publish.

3 Likes

This is the best. All the details are fantastic!

3 Likes

Just when I think I have seen your cutest felted mouse, you go ahead and top it. The coconuts! The hobby horse! You are brilliant!

3 Likes

WOW!! (blushes)

THANKS!!! Jackson, my son, said these would make people notice! lol!! I tend to not think that way.

It didn’t start out as Mousey Python at all. It started with the idea of having a mouse riding a stick pony and then it had a mind of its own. They all have little mousy minds of their own. I’m thinking I’m just going to make a nice blue coat and suddenly they’re wanting accessories and need hand carved tools or for me to figure out how to defy gravity.

Because I generally have a couple “mouse blanks” on the side waiting to tell me who they are, it was easy to add the second character. The snail came last.
Snails generally do come last.
Just saying!

Blockquote The snail is a nice touch, too. It reminds me of medieval books - the margin illustrations used to often include [knights fighting snails

I wish I could say I consciously remembered this, but the best I can possibly claim is that I subconsciously remembered this as I have spent some time looking at the amazing art in medieval manuscripts for some commissions and just because they are beautiful. Most likely of all is there is order to the universe and somethings just happen because they should.

On my “Mouses to Be” list there is one other idea directly from MP&HG, but I don’t know.

Blockquote .is the chainmail just big knitted loops? clever!

No, the chainmail is tiny little knitted loops! LOL! Yes, it is knit which is an old costumer trick. Except for the cowl in Monty Python & the Holy Grail, all the “chainmail” was knit and painted to look like metal.
I used the only thin yarn I have which is even remotely close to a metal color (it’s sort of a fawn brown and a little bit fuzzy). I wasn’t sure how it was going to work especially since the only needles that I had in close to what would be the right size had a badly corroded tip. I have no idea how that even happened!

I did replace the cowl with a newly knitted on good needles one and even blocked it which is more than the last one got. I think I made them a tad too long and may have to do them yet again. Will ask my son later today.

The “coconuts” are one of my favorite parts of the whole thing!! :mouse: :mouse: :snail:

THANK YOU AGAIN for such a wonderful response!! You made my year!!

6 Likes

Photoshoot 2:

I hate cameras.

13 Likes

I showed this to my husband, he loves Monty Python, he was so tickled!

2 Likes

Congratulations, Mousy Python is a featured project for this week!

2 Likes

WOWZERS! If the comments are any indication, this might be LettuceCraft’s Deadilest Topic! I can see why, I’m feeling a bit faint from the awesome myself.

5 Likes

Did you hear that just now? It was my soul SQUUEEEEEEEING all the way from the California Coast. I can’t have that cuteness in my house because I would forsake all else and stare at it forever. The details are phenomenal!

2 Likes

When I first saw this post, I thought “This is gonna be a featured project!”
Congrats!

3 Likes

Thank you so much!!! :smiley: :mouse: :mouse: :snail:
beaniecap calicocat2

2 Likes

This is absolutely adorable! What a cute scene.

2 Likes

How in the world did I not see this before?? It is super cute! It makes me smile that every time you post a new mouse, there’s often an accompanying note that this new one is now your son’s favorite. I feel the same way! I don’t know how you keep topping yourself, but you seem to manage it every time. Great job!

2 Likes